How to export Cura-generated support structures?

Posted · How to export Cura-generated support structures?

Hey guys,

as you can see on my profile, im an absolute freshman in 3D printing 😉
I'm a student, doing further education in germany on a technical college..

I got a question to SUPPORTS.

Is there any possibility to export the supports, which are generated after slicing with Cura?

I tried everything I know, for hours. And I have to solve this problem very quick.. I searched here in the community, in the marketplace and on google, but could'nt find anything 😞

The idea is to load a CAD model in Cura, slice it with supports and export it again (with generated supports, of course). After that, we want to load it into RoboDK (a robot simulation software) and try to cut off the supports and finish the surface with grinding hats, e.g.

You all would really help me out, if you could offer me a solution for my problem and i would be very thankful ':D

For now, thanks for taking time!

Greets Carl

Thanks IRobertI, but dont know, if this really helps me out.. unfortunately i got troubles to open Voxelizer. it seems to be no longer available..  (after i installed it, i wanted to sign in, but when i clicked the button, an error in my browser occured..)

Hey DerNeue,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

It's not a feature I am aware of in Ultimaker Cura. 🤔
    I can ask the team if they are interested in building it. 

For my personal SLA printjobs I use the Export STL with Supports feature from Prusa Slicer.
    Could that work for you?

• 11 months later...

The supports you make in Meshmixer are not really designed for FDM printing, but for resin printers. Ofcourse you can try them out, and your mileage may vary, but they are not great for printing with filament printers.