Sign in to follow this  
peerbz

Builtplate wont raise properly

Posted · Builtplate wont raise properly

TO MODERATOR:

I FOUND THE SOLUTION: PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE! :)

The builtplate of my 1 week old Ultimaker2 won't raise properly. It only raises about 8 cm, then stops.

Everything worked just fine yesterday.

Today I wanted to fine tune the builtplate, and started the procedure. When the builtplate was raised to begin with, it stopped short by about 2 cm from the nozzle (when it asked me to adjust it to 1 mm from the nozzle, which evidently wasn't possible).

After that I raised the builtplate by going to the Advanced settings. It then stopped even further down. And subsequent attempts only made it worse. Now it will only raise about 8 cm.

I uploaded new default firmware from within Cura. I turned the machine off and on. Nothing helped.

I tried to print stuff, but as it started to print mid air, I aborted the printing.

What is wrong? What to do?

Really apologise to state the obvious, but have you checked the threaded bar at the back of the machine for any blockages or obstruction or if the casing is making contact somewhere... It sounds more mechanical than software based issue?

Moderator here. I would prefer not to delete the thread as you asked but rather that you post your solution so that others can benefit from it.

For others who come here - try turning power off and turning the Z screw by hand to see if there is friction/resistance/blockage.

I suspect the issue was that he was trying to raise the platform the rest of the way using the screws on the bed, not turning the dial on the front.... :-)