Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
gonazar

Quick Question: Do I need to re-calibrate the bed after a firmware update?

Since my last update a few days ago, not exactly after the release anyway, I was surprised:

- No forced initial setup for material and bed-alignment more.

- Apparently preserving all previous settings.

- And a realignment was not necessary even on my machine.

But what Nico has reported, to me makes some concern. After the next firmware update I will first let the bed rise up via the system menu ...

Surely ... with one hand on the off switch ...

Markus

Not sure about that Robert. I had a case where after a firmware update the leveling was quite off and upon homing the build plate crashed into the head (luckily nothing broke because the bed plate springs cushioned the impact).

Hmm, ok, that's weird. It wasn't that long ago that I was tinkering around with the firmware and installing altered versions on my machine, when I was done playing around I just updated via cura to the latest official build and kept printing like normal.

Not sure about that Robert. I had a case where after a firmware update the leveling was quite off and upon homing the build plate crashed into the head (luckily nothing broke because the bed plate springs cushioned the impact).

That was possible with 1 update. However, the latest version checks if the bed-position is in a valid range, and if it's not it forces the bed leveling wizard.