One side fan not working, works when pushed

Posted · One side fan not working, works when pushed

Sometimes a tiny bit of debris can stop small fans from spinning up, I get his quite often with my RC models. It might be worth checking to see if there is a chunk of fluff restricting it slightly.

Thanks for the replies, I tested the fans with the fan control on the menu and they all seemed to work ok, from 0% up to 100%, I turned the dial very slowly and they both started spinning together and increased in speed, I will keep an eye on it with my next print.

I have the same issue, also with the right fan. UM promised me about a month ago they would send me a replacement for it. Never heard of it again. Sigh

Are both fans controlled independently? or both fans are actually connected to one PWM driver?

Still have a fan problem, I am printing something as I write this, one fan started spinning very slowly and the other one was not moving, I waited for a few mins, still not spinning, so I pushed it around with my finger and then it started spinning on its own, does this sound like a faulty fan then?

When I test when with the fan speed control on the menu they seem ok

If you push the head around when you control them from the menu, does that make a difference? I was thinking that there might a bad connection and/or wire somewhere that is making intermittent contact? Just a random thought.