To anyone considering buying an Ultimaker

Posted · To anyone considering buying an Ultimaker

I was a happy owner of the original Ultimaker 1. The printer is great, dependable with awesome print quality. However, customer service is the worst I have had to deal with in my experience.

Two weeks ago I ordered some spare parts & the heated bed kit for quite a big amount and paid with credit card. The transaction at Adyen (the payment processor Ultimaker is using) went through and the money were transferred to Ultimaker (as proved by their details on my bank statement automatically added). However, upon returning from Adyen to the Ultimaker website an error was reported and I did not receive an order number!

Bad experiences with the webstore here are common, as I have found in the forums. But, upon contacting support, they claimed they didn't receive any payment! Now I have lost 600 euros, and trying to figure out what to do. Ultimaker support is non-existent (delays in answering, and even when answering, they don't even bother reading what I have written them!).

To add insult to injury, today they even sent me an empty invoice for my purchase with zero items in it and zero payment sum! At least they are having fun!

TLDR summary: UM 1 printer: 10 of 10! / Ultimaker support: ZERO (as in don't expect any).

An unhappy customer...

To be honest, I've seen a lot fewer complaints about support of the past couple months.

In the past, I've had my problems with UM support. I will tell you that I believe they will make things right whenever they can. They don't seem to be the type of company that would screw a customer out of money....

Anyway, send whatever information you have such as the exact amount and date/time to SanderVG using the personal messenger on these boards.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/user/423-sandervg/

He has helped me and others with a number of orders

Well, the invoice generation is automaticc, so it's not like someone is actively trying to troll you ;) It looks like the payment went wrong, so Ultimaker probably did not recieve the payment and your money is in limbo with adyen.

I'm pretty sure that Sander will pop up any moment in this topic to ask you to contact him and get this sorted out.

I ordered an Ultimaker 2 on the 19th of September and payment was processed on my credit card that same day. Status says shipment ready and has for 10 days, but nothing shipped. Website and order claims 2-5 days. I have emailed Ultimaker four times asking for feedback on when it might ship and not a single response from Ultimaker. I tried multiple email addresses. I understand there can be delays in shipment, but zero communications from Ultimaker is not a great way to start. Really looking forward to getting the printer as I sold my Replicator 2x in favor of the feedback on the new Ultimaker 2. Hope to hear something from someone at Ultimaker soon!

I too am having some issues. I ordered an UM Original on the 2th September, along with a dual extruder and lots of filement. Paid it the same day and it's been Ready ever since, and i get that, because they said the lead time would be 4 weeks. But last week I called to see if i could get it upgraded to the plus model and they said they would contact me. Well now its over a week ago. I also contacted some here on the forum, but no reply yet :(

I really like the printer, but it is clear from the other posters that support is zero. I still have not received any reply from anyone (I have already contacted Sander. He replied once, but now still waiting).

I have filed a formal complaint with ConsuWijzer (Dutch consumer protection agency) and I am waiting a response from the Dutch Police an my next action (unfortunately I cannot make a formal complaint with the police online, since I am not a Dutch citizen).

We'll see how that works out for them! If they don't want to talk to the person they stole money from, maybe they will talk to the police.

Most of the time Credit Card companies have really good services. Send them a note, explain your situation. Get your money back(several CC companies guarentee delivery of your bought items, and insure them for a couple of months).

Finally Call UM and order again while on the phone to confirm every step, or just order again, with the faith that you won't get an error this time :)

It must be damn frustrating though!

Hope to hear something from someone at Ultimaker soon!

JR -

I replied in your other thread, and PM'd you - and went and found all those helpdesk tickets that you mentioned and replied there as well. :-) So hopefully you are now reassured that indeed your printer is en route, and will be with you soon. I'm really sorry that it wasn't a more straightforward experience for you.

Most of the time Credit Card companies have really good services. Send them a note, explain your situation. Get your money back(several CC companies guarentee delivery of your bought items, and insure them for a couple of months).

Finally Call UM and order again while on the phone to confirm every step, or just order again, with the faith that you won't get an error this time :)

It must be damn frustrating though!

My credit card company says that unless I report (falsely that is!) that my credit card is stolen, they cannot do anything. Now, good luck trying to justify to the central offices (I have been talking with my local branch for the whole thing) why you reported a card stolen two weeks after you found out about it!

It would be awesome to get some answers soon...

Ordered last Friday(October 3) , had to restart the purchase a second time, but the issue was with my credit card company.

Get shipment details today (after 3 working days :) ), delivery expected tomorrow :):), they say.

So "To anyone considering buying an Ultimaker", let's say it is not always bad with ordering and shipment.

Then real thinks will start.

Hi kouvadaki,

I am sorry about the difficulties you have had with the support department and getting a reply.

I just went through my messages and I did find a thread where we exchanged a couple of messages about your situation.

It has happened before that just as Nallath mentioned, the money is still with Adyen but we will help you track it down.

The reason I did not reply sooner is because your last message (to me) was send on October 1, and that is the day I got back from Maker Faire NY, and I got the key to my new house. I am in the middle of moving since, and I also don't have internet yet at home. I don't know if you care, but some background info why I haven't replied sooner.

Due to the same reason as I mentioned above I also haven't been in the office but I will send out an email to my colleagues to find out what the status is today.

If there is anyway I/we can help, I would be very happy to.

Edit; I just looked through the general communication system and I see your money already turned up just a day after your last post and your Ultimaker already has been delivered.

Reason, due to the error your payment was send through without a reference making it very hard to track down. I am glad everything is resolved.

Oliver, do you need any further assistance or did you already get some feedback?

I sure do need some assistance. I PM'ed you :)

OK, update time!

First of all, thanks Sander. I understand that everyone has other things also in their lives to attend too.

I have indeed been contacted on Monday the 6th of October that they will look into the issue. Several replies later, they had found the money "hidden" somewhere in their system. On October 7, I have received a tracking number from DHL for my shipment.

Now, I am not saying that everyone will have problems when ordering. The point of this post was to inform other people what I have been through. Experiences will vary, and this is mine. The end result is that this will be my final purchase from the Ultimaker store. I may receive the order finally, but the handling of the case in the start was a jarring experience.

The first replies have been late and dismissive (there is no excuse that the money were without a reference number, and that is the reason they didn't find them. I have contacted them BECAUSE there was no reference number!!!. Surely, no one has money deposited on their account and doesn't know it!).

Only after informing Ultimaker that I contacted a Dutch customer protection agency and the Police (on Saturday, the 4th Of October) things have changed. The handler of my case was changed, replies have been swift and frequent, and a solution was given. And I really regret having to resort to such lengths!

Am I satisfied? No... Will I order again? certainly NOT. UNLESS, I see in the front page of Ultimaker.com an announcement that they acknowledge the crappy payment system, that they will fix it, and that they will make (not try to make) the customer service a real service and not a waiting queue, as a "thank you" to all the people that have made them what they are now.

Again, many thanks to Sander, Maritt, and the people that posted on this board their experience. I am done with Ultimaker...

I had a similar issue with paying through Ayden but my credit card company declined the charge because "no merchant ID was sent to us so we didn't know who to send the money to". I ended up paying via PayPal and then waiting for UM support to associate my payment with my order.

From my limited experience, UM support is a little slow and usually doesn't reply until the issue is fixed or they have an answer, which can be frustrating while you wait... In my case, I would have been spending $200-300 more if they had answered my questions fully but instead I opted to skip some items.

OK, update time!

First of all, thanks Sander. I understand that everyone has other things also in their lives to attend too.

I have indeed been contacted on Monday the 6th of October that they will look into the issue. Several replies later, they had found the money "hidden" somewhere in their system. On October 7, I have received a tracking number from DHL for my shipment.

Now, I am not saying that everyone will have problems when ordering. The point of this post was to inform other people what I have been through. Experiences will vary, and this is mine. The end result is that this will be my final purchase from the Ultimaker store. I may receive the order finally, but the handling of the case in the start was a jarring experience.

The first replies have been late and dismissive (there is no excuse that the money were without a reference number, and that is the reason they didn't find them. I have contacted them BECAUSE there was no reference number!!!. Surely, no one has money deposited on their account and doesn't know it!).

Only after informing Ultimaker that I contacted a Dutch customer protection agency and the Police (on Saturday, the 4th Of October) things have changed. The handler of my case was changed, replies have been swift and frequent, and a solution was given. And I really regret having to resort to such lengths!

Am I satisfied? No... Will I order again? certainly NOT. UNLESS, I see in the front page of Ultimaker.com an announcement that they acknowledge the crappy payment system, that they will fix it, and that they will make (not try to make) the customer service a real service and not a waiting queue, as a "thank you" to all the people that have made them what they are now.

Again, many thanks to Sander, Maritt, and the people that posted on this board their experience. I am done with Ultimaker...

Thank you for posting your experience. Quite the head's up, on ordering Ultimaker.