Gave it a quick try just now and ... well, the results weren't exactly what I was expecting. I followed the steps in the first post and then sliced a random simple object. I then loaded up the gcode in printrun and to my amazement it actually displayed a preview, nice. I heated up and hit the print button.
- The printer homed to the front left corner as usual
- It then shot straight over to the upper right side of the printer (previously it did a nozzle wipe by going to the top left)
- In the top right corner it started printing what looked like a half assed raft (no raft selected, only outline). It did about 3-4 lines of this.
- The head then moved to the starting location for the outline and completed that nicely.
- At completion of the outline I got a checksum error (I think), printrun crashed and I had to manually move the platform down to save it from burning.
For what it's worth the amount of extrusion looked about right from what little I could see but then again I used a profile that was calibrated previously so I don't know if it's relevant.
Too tired to do any further tests tonight.
Improvements ncluded in this release are:
- Improved toolpaths / print quality
- Easy printing with 50% speed and no fan for the first layer
- Unified outline feature for multiple part prints
- Improved minimal layer time feature
- Tweaked temperature to help prevent the frustration of filament grinding and increase layer stickiness
Link to post
Share on other sites