8 Months of printing on my Ninja Plate

chrisp

Posted · 8 Months of printing on my Ninja Plate

Can be found here: http://printinz.com/

Since this build plate arrived, I no longer use the factory glass plate on my UM2. 8 months and over 100 prints and the plastic still has the same adhesion as when I first got it. I don't see any sign of wear or warping.

All of my print times are cut way down because the heated bed is never used and the prints start within a minute instead of 5-8 minutes.

I will be ordering another one soon for my 3DR Build which won't require a heated bed.

I'm also looking for other options , but this build plate seems to be one of the best out there. Anyone have any input about some other build plate material that might have the same effect? I would like to have one that's more colorful.

2014 11 24 18.00.44

i bought one too... but it's for sale now (never used, see the for sale section ;) )

i understand the merits of the plate, but after cleaning and finding the green tesla stick, i have such great experiences with the heated bed that there is nothing to improve.. sure i can skip the heating but i've now perfected my heated bed printing so why bother..

maybe i;'m lazy..

from the user guide:

http://printinz.com/printer-plate-user-guide/

Printing PLA

The PRINTinZ™ printer plate is designed primarily for use with PLA. It will print most PLA filament very well without heating the bed, however, you can heat it if you would like to. If you heat it too much, the PLA may adhere too well, so start low and increase temperatures slowly until you discover what works best with your filament. We recommend a max surface temperature of 45°C for most PLA filaments, if you are heating the bed. You’ll have to heat your bed higher than that to get 45°C on the plate surface.

Printing ABS

Most users have success printing ABS as well, but we recommend only printing small ABS parts on this plate. You can heat the bed to 110°C, and at that bed temperature can expect about 70-80°C on the top surface of the build plate. Larger ABS parts, or those with dense infill, may cause the plate to flex up slightly. There are so many variables with 3D printing that it is impossible for us to say how big you can go with ABS. Feel free to experiment, but start small (< 100mm), start cooler, and work your way up in size and temperature.

Printing Other Materials

There are new printing materials available constantly. Some of the more popular ones, like NinjaFlex and T-Glase will work well on the PRINTinZ™ plate. Users have not had much success with nylon, however, Taulman Bridge has been shown to work well with a little help from diluted PVA. As we learn more specifics for different materials we will update out website with more information.

i bought one too... but it's for sale now (never used, see the for sale section ;) )

i understand the merits of the plate, but after cleaning and finding the green tesla stick, i have such great experiences with the heated bed that there is nothing to improve.. sure i can skip the heating but i've now perfected my heated bed printing so why bother..

maybe i;'m lazy..

Green Tesla stick? Is that a type of glue to replace using the regular glue stick?

yes, Tesa is a dutch brand, it seems I had a typing issue..

it's Tesa Green.. it's the best one for ABS..

http://www.ecomondo.nl/winkel/tesa-easy-stick-lijmstift-eco/

i am not using any adhesion for PLA or XT, just a completely clean plate.

For what ever that doesnt stick I use 3DLac now.

I have the same Ninja Plate as Chrisp .

What are your settings for the first layer ? My models stick like hell on that plate and its hard to get away from it...

My settings on the first layer:

Temp: 215°C

Speed 50 mm/s

Height: 0.3mm

Bed Temp: Disabled

THX

I recently got a zebra plate the successor of the ninja plate. It is quite sturdy and the things I have printed so far seem to hold (5 printes not much yet as statistic). I print without heating for PLA. The bedleveling is done with my old 0.1mm room between nozzle and bed. I tried 0.2mm first but that did not work. At the moment I am using the black side since I am printing yellow. It is a nice gimmick to be able select color. Parts come off easy enough just flex the plate a little and then sick some thin object under the part and there it is.

It is not cheap to get (The Netherlands) if you add the postage and the additional custom charge of E13,- + 21% BTW.