A little help please

chrisp

Posted · A little help please

I am trying to compile my configurations in Marlin with this error showing up. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to setting new printers up. Can someone tell me what is causing this error? (Blen_C)

Marlin

I don't see BLEN_C in that image, so I'd guess that it's part of the LCD_CLICKED macro, which I'd expect to see defined in a header file, and I guess that header includes another which is supposed to define BLEN_C, but currently doesn't because of a header version mismatch.

(In C conventions, anything all CAPS is usually a constant. In traditional C it might be a preprocessor define).

p.s. It would be better if you posted code using BBcode code blocks.

This seems to be a quite old Marlin version (process_commands is at line 1331 at the moment!). Make sure you have the current version.

It is an older one (0023) because I'm setting up a 3DR Delta and according to the creater, Richrap, this version is where to start.

I don't see BLEN_C in that image, so I'd guess that it's part of the LCD_CLICKED macro, which I'd expect to see defined in a header file, and I guess that header includes another which is supposed to define BLEN_C, but currently doesn't because of a header version mismatch.

(In C conventions, anything all CAPS is usually a constant. In traditional C it might be a preprocessor define).

I'm not really sure what your asking for? If I post all of the code it will be a huge post so which block should I post? The LCD section?

I'm using the Smart _Controller, not with Rumba. I have the Ramps with Mega.

//===========================================================================

//=============================Additional Features===========================

//===========================================================================

// EEPROM

// the microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...

// M500 - stores paramters in EEPROM

// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).

// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings". You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.

//define this to enable eeprom support

//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS

//to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:

// please keep turned on if you can.

//#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

//LCD and SD support

//#define ULTRA_LCD //general lcd support, also 16x2

//#define SDSUPPORT // Enable SD Card Support in Hardware Console

//#define ULTIMAKERCONTROLLER //as available from the ultimaker online store.

//#define ULTIPANEL //the ultipanel as on thingiverse

// The RepRapDiscount Smart Controller

// http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Smart_Controller

#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER //RichRap = enabled for RUMBA

//automatic expansion

#if defined(ULTIMAKERCONTROLLER) || defined(REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER)

#define ULTIPANEL

#define NEWPANEL

#endif

// Preheat Constants

#define PLA_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 205 // was 180 for 3DR V1

#define PLA_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 0

#define PLA_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 255 // Insert Value between 0 and 255

#define ABS_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 245

#define ABS_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 0 // This is now for NYLON printing no heated bed / was 100

#define ABS_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 255 // Insert Value between 0 and 255

#ifdef ULTIPANEL

// #define NEWPANEL //enable this if you have a click-encoder panel

#define SDSUPPORT

#define ULTRA_LCD

#define LCD_WIDTH 20

#define LCD_HEIGHT 4

#else //no panel but just lcd

#ifdef ULTRA_LCD

#define LCD_WIDTH 16

#define LCD_HEIGHT 2

#endif

#endif

// Increase the FAN pwm frequency. Removes the PWM noise but increases heating in the FET/Arduino

//#define FAST_PWM_FAN

// M240 Triggers a camera by emulating a Canon RC-1 Remote

// Data from: http://www.doc-diy.net/photo/rc-1_hacked/

// #define PHOTOGRAPH_PIN 23

// SF send wrong arc g-codes when using Arc Point as fillet procedure

//#define SF_ARC_FIX

#include "Configuration_adv.h"

#include "thermistortables.h"

#endif //__CONFIGURATION_H

It is an older one (0023) because I'm setting up a 3DR Delta and according to the creater, Richrap, this version is where to start.

Nicolinux just went through this. He is still calibrating is 3DR Delta. You should message him:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/user/16181-nicolinux/

So it looks like you are using the arduino gui to build marlin. I have lots of notes on this. Read the README file that comes with Marlin - it talks about how to set things up. There is some other package you have to install and also you need to select the correct arduino cpu - for ultimaker that's the mega2560. Probably for 3DR also but I don't know.

Actually, I wasn't asking for anything: I was just pointing out that a bbcode exists to highlight and bracket code blocks. You bracket the code with [code] xxx [/code] markers. This can allow people to copy and test your code and help you more easily, whereas from an image they have to type in the whole thing.

Thanks for the info fellas.....I guess I have some research to do.

The BLEN_C define is defined in the pins.h file.

Long story short, you have the LCD enabled, while your board definitions do not properly define all pins for the LCD button.

I started over and am now using the newest version of Marlin, (Not the beta).

I got the printer to home, extrude, and all of the endstops are working perfectly. The only problem I'm having now is the hot-end slamming into the base. I'm not sure where to find the code to change the travel distance from homing position to the build plate. Any suggestions? I'll post a pic.

2014 12 13 02.19.28