Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
kroete

Difference (Technical) between UM2 and coming Go / Extended

Hi All,

I am interested to buy a 3D printer and really like to go for the current UM2. My question, will there be a technical difference between the current UM2 and the coming Go / Extension ?

I there will be an upgrade to the UM2 once Go and Extension are released than I will wait with my purchase.

Also, is there a major upgrade planned this year (e.g UM3) ?

Thank you,

Tarek

I am looking with interest at the extended. I am particularly interested in the increment in the Z axis.

However I am really worried about the underextrusion issues of the UM2. Will these be fixed/addressed in the new UM2 models? Or will those be the very same, with the teflon connector issues, the "fake" double holes extruder alluminum support piece (and consequent non optimal usage of the fans airflows) etc?

Can we expect to see at least the release of a single extruder optimized hot end upgrade for the current UM2, that would fix the above mentioned issues?

Will I be able to change nozzle size easily?

I really love my UM2, however it has known issues that I would love to see addressed "officially", before I buy another one.

I think as it stands now they will be exactly the same with no improvement. There is a lot involved if they make changes as all the plastic bits are injection molded.

There is some discussion here about possible changes in that regard but I wouldn't hold my breath over it.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/9344-company-update/?p=90875

Hello, sure, I am on the waiting list to get one from the next batch :)

However honestly I would not buy an "Extended" if there were no improvements at all with the Hot End. Then I would wait to see what the UM3 line will have to offer. We shall wait and see I guess.

Also if you are interested in changing nozzle sizes easily then this topic maybe of interest to you.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/7689-custom-heater-block-to-fit-e3d-nozzle-on-ultimaker-2/?p=71735