Question about Ultimaker Go

jean

Posted · Question about Ultimaker Go

Hi everyone,

I look carfully on the website for the size of the built zone of the ultimate Go and I never find it. So let me know if you have the anwser.

Thanks

I have no idea why anyone would buy the go... be aware it has no heated bed...

But it's so cute.

It's great for people who have to show 3d printing off for whatever reason. It is small and has a travel case. I imagine it would be pretty useful for professors/teachers. Also some people don't need to print large things. I rarely print anything over 120mm.

But a heated bed would be nice.

Eh? I don't see how the surface quality would be better on the go. There are no fundamental changes to the technology in it. Its just a smaller (and more affordable) machine. I can imaginge that some people want it, but it's definately not a machine that i would buy (umo+ ftw ;))

Shorter belts and axis mean less springiness, which could, in theory, increase the print quality. However, I did not see a difference in actual prints.

About the size, the UM2go is already available as option in Cura, so you can see the full print size in there.

The smaller platform also means it's less bouncy than the bigger brothers. I dunno, I felt like the prints I did on it looked slightly better. Mind you, this isn't a night and day difference by any means. Probably not something people in general would notice perhaps, but I thought they looked nicer. With everything being so much shorter it just feels more rigid to me.

Is it enough to outweigh the lack of a heated platform? Eeeh, not really. Then again I'm sure it wont be long before 3rd party upgrade kits are available to fix that.

Valcrow is right though, it's damn cute :D

I think the quality IS slightly better. I'm not techy enough to know why but that's just what it seemed like when we printed those 0.04mm frogs.

I pre-ordered one. Just for those little parts that I need. Also so I can take to to work so I can print some things there or when I go to people's places. Means I can draw and print while I'm there and don't need to wait till I get home to print it. Then go back to drop it off. I also got a spare 3dsolex heater block for it for .8 speedy prints.

I find 75% of the things I print are within the build volume.

But it's so cute.

It's great for people who have to show 3d printing off for whatever reason. It is small and has a travel case. I imagine it would be pretty useful for professors/teachers. Also some people don't need to print large things. I rarely print anything over 120mm.

But a heated bed would be nice.

I must be an odd-ball, cuz the regular UM2 is pretty darn portable. I've been going to the schools and doing 3D printing demonstrations... I just throw the UM2 in the back seat :) No fancy mini version with a case needed!

saw the mini IRL last week... must admit it looks extremely cute ..