- the z-axis is a new motor with gear box. It is not really a axis, it pulls itself up with a toothed belt
- there is no change in the extruder drive chain, but you have to find a solution to place the drive gear on a different spot [and upside down]
- i adjusted the firmware so one of the axis is swapped otherwise you get mirrored objects, but with the first tests i did all the changes in cura and gcode. [Change steps per mm in z and mirroring]
cheers \ joris
I was hoping you would respond
I do have some questions
- how does the z-axis move.
- how is the bowdentube mounted.
- does it need adjustes firmware.
I have already remade my Ultimaker into a higher printer, and I don't see any problems to adjust my frame to your setup
Link to post
Share on other sites