Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
spiracy

ultimaker 2 main board

Is there anywhere I can get a new cheap main board for my Ultimaker 2? I really can't afford to keep paying out for this machine. £250 is to much to pay out since this machine has already needed a new heated bed, hot end and stepper motor.

Any help would be great!

I bough one on china, just to have an spare one, 120€ but it did come without the power button :D also I have not turn it on so it's more like the 'schrodinger' board, good quality has a price.

What happens to your board? I broke some transistor by playing with the board and I got a lot of help on this forums and finally I went to a guy that had all the equipment and did the repairs for much less than a new board.

spiracy - please validate your email. You can re-validate (have the forum send you a new validation email).

Also you should know that UM usually honors the warranty even if you are out of warranty and the problem was your fault. Just be honest and kind and beg a little. You might get lucky.

I kindly ask if it is possible to fix a mainboard or to adapt a power button to the china product mentioned in the replies?

Last week, after solving all the usual problems (clogging, feeder, etc,etc) , my printer (ultimaker 2) was working fine, but suddenly it stopped working and did not turned on anymore.

I opened a ticket in support and learned that, in this case, I must change the mainboard. My warranty is expired and the cost is 295 euros (plus shipping+ 90% income taxes to send to Brazil).

I really need to figure out an alternative option to ultimaker support.

Thanks for any help.

Mario Moura

A good indication is if there is 24-ish volt coming form it.

Do not try to measure its contacts directly in the plug, if you do not do it correctly there is a great chance shorting it.

Measure on the PCB, its easy to find where the power enters.

Use voltmeterm DC Range 50V or more ( usually 200v).