how to recover the settings of prints

afranx

Posted · how to recover the settings of prints

So I just tested the import feature and couldn't get it to work.  Not sure why.  It showed nothing changed.  I think you might also have to have the correct profile selected.

It is SO MUCH EASIER (in my opinion) to do it the other way - just open the gcode file in a text editor and go to the bottom.  At first it looks like gibberish but read everything there slowly and you realize it's all your settings (the profile chosen and the overrides).

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · how to recover the settings of prints
15 minutes ago, bryanpatchen said:

Probably a stupid question, but how do I enter advanced mode?  Clicked on just about everything and can't seem to find it.

Don't you have these 3 horizontal stripes to click on? It's under there..

image.png.3af85dd9935b745b94e19e67511e3517.png

Edited by kayazuki
  • Like 1

Sorry, it's not called "advanced".  It's called "custom".  If you are in the start up default of Cura there is no way to search through all the settings.

Screenshot from 2020-08-24 12-45-03.png

• 2 months later...

hi all, cant be bothered to hunt for this but a few people asking about settings theyve lost for great prints but still got their gcode...

easiest way ive found is...

make sure your cura is same version or updated one.

open cura...goto preferences...profiles...import..

goto your saved gcode on usb stick hd or card and click it..

ok the import.

click on the new profile youve imported highlight and activate it...

its now fully loaded into print settings on right hand side..

you can alter , rename or just slice and print anything youve placed on table using your lost settings...enjoy...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm trying to recover slicing settings for a project from the GCode. Cura crashes after the import, I tried multiple times with no luck.

Still have the same Cura version (4.8.0); previously sliced and trying to import.

1 hour ago, ibkhayyat said:

I'm trying to recover slicing settings for a project from the GCode. Cura crashes after the import, I tried multiple times with no luck.

Still have the same Cura version (4.8.0); previously sliced and trying to import.

Please provide some logs.

Managed to recover some the details with my old files. For the newer files I managed to embed that information at the end of the gcode file to extract it and use it when needed. 

Cura setting injector does the job, you can even arrange the information and sort the details as needed.

Another option is Cura's plugin Export HTML Cura Settings, saves it on a separate file, details are well arranged and neat.