Time For Something New

Labern

Posted · Time For Something New

So it is coming up to 1 year since the UM0+ was released at NYC maker faire and its about 2 years since the UM2 come into the scene.

So will this years Maker Faire see something new?? Or was the extended and 2go released to keep us off there trail for a bit longer?

Its only a couple of weeks to find out but now is a good time to create some rumors of what we think might happen :)

• Like 2

Posted (edited) · Time For Something New

So can you adjust the grass height in cura?

I don't usually talk about things that are under NDA, obviously, but I'm sorry to say, they're moving over to MakerWare, no height adjustment will be available.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

The first 200 people to call get a set of Ginsu knives and a special three month UltiCare Plan™

Well although that sounds good. someone else mows my lawns

I was hoping you would come up with something a bit more exciting.

Something like a auto bar tender. that will mix your drinks and add ice.

maybe able to draw a 3d item with the liquids that will hover in you class, instead of just having the usual layered look

[media-thumb=5148][/media-thumb]

• Like 1

Something like a auto bar tender.

I can't confirm or deny that we are working on the UltiBarTender™

Yes, I've pondered what's new for this fall

With the Olsson block being so popular, I was hoping to see an announcement of an Ultimaker 3 with larger print volume, better feeder, print head....and makes coffee :)

Posted (edited) · Time For Something New

Yes, I've pondered what's new for this fall  

With the Olsson block being so popular, I was hoping to see an announcement of an Ultimaker 3 with larger print volume, better feeder, print head....and makes coffee  :)

I would totally buy that! mmmm.. coffee.

Edited by Guest

UM3 would be cool.

Maybe some upgrade kits for UM2 and UM3 release at CES in January?

Other manufactures have come out with laser engravers, 3D scanners and paste extruders.

So wonder if UM will go down that path.

Ulticoffee for makers mmmm sweetened with magnalube

• Like 2

I was planning to buy an Ultimaker 2 extended too, but I'll wait a few months to make sure I don't miss the new one. (in case they release some new stuff)

Again, if they are smart marketeers @Ultimaker they give an Olsson block for free with the UM2 :-)

be careful what you wish for - with this years releases it could be a completely re-engineered cardboard box, more in line with the 'branding' that you can't get into, and does not have a printer in, because that will be developed and released when it is ready ......

you could not make it up :) (this is only a gentle ribbing - no offence intended!)

• Like 1

Drat! jameshs caught us. We've been secretly using all the engineering hours to build a moon laser instead of creating an actual 3d printer. As we had to deliver something to our management, we did think of handing in a cardboard box. Now we have to think of something else :(

I'm just waiting for your Project nallath I want something different to play with.

I'm just waiting for your Project nallath I want something different to play with.

it's soooo close...

2015-09-24 12:48:22,903 - ERROR - An exception occured while trying to read preferences file: 'general'

2015-09-24 12:48:22,934 - DEBUG - Setting active view to MeshView

2015-09-24 12:48:24,260 - DEBUG - Loaded theme C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_15.09.83\resources\themes\curamoonlaser

2015-09-24 12:48:25,717 - DEBUG - Calculating moon's normals took 0.0009999275207519531 seconds

2015-09-24 12:48:25,717 - DEBUG - Loaded a mesh with 100500 vertices

2015-09-24 12:48:25,723 - DEBUG - Loading mesh took 0.13600802421569824 seconds

2015-09-24 12:48:25,880 - DEBUG - Preparing to send slice data to engine.

2015-09-24 12:48:26,240 - DEBUG - Backend connected on port 49674

2015-09-24 12:48:49,083 - DEBUG - Preparing to send slice data to engine.

2015-09-24 12:48:49,110 - DEBUG - Sending moon to engine for slicing.

Oops, program fault, and will be closed/

And as result:

Ultimoonmaker.thumb.png.b2155b1f2409e800c71045fc587511ef.png

Ultimoonmaker.thumb.png.b2155b1f2409e800c71045fc587511ef.png

...did anyone notice his wallpaper has a moon in it? :) Try your laser!

it's soooo close...

Yay