vibrations on printing bed

Posted · vibrations on printing bed

Hi everyone.

I just happen with some slightly more complex prints, to hear and to see that while the extruder moves without printing, the subbisca plate vibration, there is a way to avoid that during the movement of the extruder does not happen that the plate vibrate excessively so?

What could be the cause?

Does this only happen with a specific print job? If you print a "simple" model does the vibration stop?

I experienced some crazy vibrations when using the GRID or TRIANGLE infill patterns (Simplified 3D). I will probably never use those infill patterns again.

It can also vary depending on the material you use. For example with collorfab xt /pet it seems more of a issue than with pla , seems I more often got an irregular surface on the infill.

I've never considered it a big issue but there are people who experimented with extra stability bars underneath there bed.

Does this only happen with a specific print job? If you print a "simple" model does the vibration stop?

I experienced some crazy vibrations when using the GRID or TRIANGLE infill patterns (Simplified 3D). I will probably never use those infill patterns again.

It is framed building vibration increases.

It can also vary depending on the material you use. For example with collorfab xt /pet it seems more of a issue than with pla , seems I more often got an irregular surface on the infill.

I've never considered it a big issue but there are people who experimented with extra stability bars underneath there bed.

What do you mean by stability bars underneath there bed?

People glued/screwed 2 aluminium L bars under the bed from the back to the front.

@paul9 what kind of printer do you have and is the problem only on the first layer? Maybe a 5 second video would help.

@paul9 what kind of printer do you have and is the problem only on the first layer?  Maybe a 5 second video would help.

I have Ultimaker 2 .

This happens not on the first layers but at a medium to medium-high and even height.

@paul9 what kind of printer do you have and is the problem only on the first layer?  Maybe a 5 second video would help.

I have Ultimaker 2 .

This happens not on the first layers but at a medium to medium-high and even height.

It could be a z axis leadscrew problem. you should check the leadscrew or maybe even oil it, see if that helps...

The lubrication of the screw in the z axis is OK. For the rest I do not know if there are other problems.

At this point, definitely contact ultimaker support for help because it is most likely a hardware problem.;)

I'm not sure if this is normal because I don't really understand what the issue is. You say the glass bed is moving? Maybe that's normal? Maybe I don't understand? I'd still like to see a video of this movement/vibration. What you say is "excessive" might be normal. A video would really help.

I'm wondering if perhaps the OP is simply describing retraction?

I'm not sure if this is normal because I don't really understand what the issue is.  You say the glass bed is moving?  Maybe that's normal?  Maybe I don't understand?  I'd still like to see a video of this movement/vibration.  What you say is "excessive" might be normal.  A video would really help.

I agree, a video would help us a lot

Hi guys,

I'd like to refresh this topic. I think Im having same problem.

I made tests and it turns out that printbed vibrates after few centimeters of fast printing. If i take glass plate and heatbed leaving only aluminium plate, it is quite stiff. But if I reattach everything, no matter how high or low i calibrate the bed, it gets more resonating. Vibrations comes from printhead movement in y axis and moves to printbed. Maybe some rubber pads somewhere would help?

The whole bed needs to be stabilized...it's really sensitive to vibrations. And the Cura 2.x release has made it even more pronounced since they appear to be "experimenting" a lot more with acceleration which leads to the head making rapid speed changes so it vibrates more.

It is really obvious if you watch the bed when it is printing infill.

What infill are you guys using?

I use Simplified 3D. There are six infill patterns.

I basically stick with Rectilinear. Or one of the Honeycomb options. But mostly Rectilinear. With these options, the infill does NOT cross its own path during a single layer (does that make sense).

Conversely, Grid and Triangular DO cross their own path during a single layer. So the print head hits a speed bump every time it crosses its previous path. It sounds horrible. It visibly shakes. I tried it once just to experiment... never again.

I am pretty sure the Wiggle pattern does NOT cross its own path during a single layer, BUT it looks like it is going to shake the snot out of the print head.

You have an option below the angle list of infill so it does both angles on each layer.

As far as I print wide objects that sticks well and are stiff its ok, but with little pilars with 1mm radius and no infill after 4-5cm of printing it gets bad. Printer drops material on a shaking piece of plastick and leaves bubbles rather than proper print. :/

You have an option below the angle list of infill so it does both angles on each layer.

infill.thumb.JPG.08f8cc5c8aa6838fa4001526394f5875.JPG

So many options! Thanks.

infill.thumb.JPG.08f8cc5c8aa6838fa4001526394f5875.JPG

• Like 1