Check for latest version?

LePaul

Posted · Check for latest version?

I have 2.3.0 and I know from seeing the Notification in the forum, a new version is available.

Yet when I open 2.3.0, it does not alert me to that. I have checked the settings and see that "Check for updates on start is checked

I'll upgrade but wondered if you have fixed this for 2.3.1 :)

Cura v 2.3.0: "No New Version was found"

I don't recall Cura 2.x ever telling me when a new version was available. I use it every day and the only times I found there was a new version was someone mentioning it in this forum.

Done a Little packet sniff on Cura and it does get the info, but Cura says there's no new version. Isn't a cache issue since the info that gets from the check seems correct.

HTTP/1.1 200 OKDate: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 13:09:24 GMTServer: Apache/2.2.22Last-Modified: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 08:53:56 GMTETag: "827eaf-224-54102a1579f6f"Accept-Ranges: bytesContent-Length: 548Connection: closeContent-Type: application/json{   "cura": {       "Windows": {           "major": 2,           "minor": 3,           "revision": 1,           "url": "https://ultimaker.com/en/products/cura-software"       },       "Linux": {           "major": 2,           "minor": 3,           "revision": 1,           "url": "https://ultimaker.com/en/products/cura-software"       },       "Darwin": {           "major": 2,           "minor": 3,           "revision": 1,           "url": "https://ultimaker.com/en/products/cura-software"       }   }}

I forgot to update the number. Should be fixed now.

Doesn't seem like it is. I just tried manually checking for an update via the update checker and it says that no new version is available.

Just checked, no prompt to upgrade here either

Same here, but downloading and installing it manually is not a big deal. I just installed 2.3.1 on my Mac, and all personal settings are still available :)

We're working on it. This should be fixed in version 2.4

Just to be sure: you aren't using a beta version are you? Beta versions don't update automatically...

Not using a Beta, correct

Just the current release.