Can't find the profile for CPE+

Swissengineer

Posted · Can't find the profile for CPE+

Hello,

I Just got ma new UM3E ! Printed a few things with PLA with no problems,

Then i changed the filament to CPE+(official) (By the way, no NFC... Not mentionned when I bought on igo3d...)

But then I tried to find the profile, and there is none for CPE+! Not cool for an original ultimaker filament.

Do I have to create mine?

Posted (edited) · Can't find the profile for CPE+

CPE+ is not officially supported for the UM3 yet, neither is it available with NFC tag. Currently it is only supported for the UM2+ with the Advanced 3D Printing Kit.

The supported materials for UM3 is at the moment:

Nylon, PLA, ABS, CPE & PVA

Official support (wich includes both spools with NFC tags and Cura material profiles) for CPE+ is coming sometime in the next few months, also support will be added for PC and TPU95A.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Not really, it says compatible CPE,

Like it is described in the material page, it seems to be just a variant of CPE. So it is not specified that CPE+ is NOT supported. It doesn't say anything about CPE+. Really confusing. As an engineer , we specify when a material is not supported so the user don't have to guess if CPE is different of CPE+ when printing.

It's like I would say: I like tomatoes , and you give me a small tomato, I say sorry , but I don't like small tomatoes! But in this case my tomato cost me 60€...

Thank you for the feedback. We'll look into making it clearer there is a difference between CPE and CPE+, and particularly in terms of profiles for the Ultimaker 3.

It doesn't mean you have to throw away your reel of CPE+. The profiles are not optimized yet, but you could still use it. A matter of selecting the right settings yourself. The only thing you should look into, is closing of the front so there is less draft.

In terms of settings: Bed should be around 110ºC and the printhead around 260ºC.

Guidelines can be found here: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/22230-how-to-print-with-ultimaker-cpe-plus

Alternatively, you could put the reel of CPE+ aside, until the profile and door is available.

• Like 1

There is no official date yet, but i would be surprised if we had to wait for more than a few months.

Oh men I should read all before writing. All edited.

You could make a fast advanced kit with a plastic sheet and sticking it to the frame. For adhesion there's a lot of options on the market.

Same problem to me: bought CPE+ for an UM3 Extended.

I'm trying a first print, but... how long does it take to heat the build plate to 110°C?

It's taking sooooo much time!

In November (see above) it was a "matter of a few months": now we're 3 months later.

What is the actual status?

Thanks in advance

The latest firmware has CPE+ now and it is supposed to be in the profiles in 2.5.