CURA 2.4 issues

ultiarjan

Posted · CURA 2.4 issues

I'm having trouble starting any print after upgrading to cura 2.4 it sends the file to the printer and starts heating up but after a couple of minutes it just says print done please remove print even though it didn't even start printing. I tried this with a file i could previously print in 2.3. any ideas?

Posted · CURA 2.4 issues

I'm having trouble starting any print after upgrading to cura 2.4 it sends the file to the printer and starts heating up but after a couple of minutes it just says print done please remove print even though it didn't even start printing. I tried this with a file i could previously print in 2.3. any ideas?

Could you check if you have the same issue when printing through USB stick? Alternatively, could you share a the project file where this goes wrong?

Posted · CURA 2.4 issues

I just installed cura 2.4 in linux and had a problem. It seems to be calculating the nozzle size as the double of the configured.

Custom delta printer with 0.4mm nozzle.

I counted 10 extruded lines and it mesured 8mm, then it is placen one each 0.8mm instead of 0.4mm. With version 2.3.1 it worked ok.

gw3KCn5.jpg

Posted · CURA 2.4 issues

I think the 1st retract (the one adding 1mm) is coming from the retraction settings in the print profile, and the last two are in the "end gcode" machine settings. SO I can ether change the basic retract amount on all my printing profiles or change the "end gcode" on the machine settings.

CURA 2.4 jams UMO+ after each print, suspect end gcode settings adding 1mm more to retract at end than 2.3.1

As far as I can see, there have been no changes in the UMO/UMO+ definitions between version 2.3.1 and 2.4.

retyping this due to lost post when posting! When will i learn to copy EVERYTIME before posting..grrrr!!!!!

My claim of +1mm retraction comes from looking at the last successful gcode files from 2.3.1 and 2.4. Since I currently do not have a functioning 2.3.1 or 2.4 on my machine I can not look at the printer settings, but initially 2.4 did seem to import the settings just fine so I would guess they were the same.

What I think I am seeing is that the retraction that occurs right after the last layer is done is 1mm more. (see attached image) I am not sure where this is controlled since there are 2 more retractions (total of 3) at the end of the file. 5a3327b383b29_retractdiff231vs24.thumb.png.daa8f74913d6481d780e746c74e198a5.png

Anyway, I am not an expert so my observation may have an error, but let me know what you think.

5a3327b383b29_retractdiff231vs24.thumb.png.daa8f74913d6481d780e746c74e198a5.png