Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Dj-EKI

Cura 2.4.0 Wrong First Layer Support

Hi, The first layer is wrong. The first layer is printed 0.15mm. The second layer is printed at 0.55 because the layer thickness is 0.4mm. Where the hole is, the first wall is printed there. But this is too high. The filament does not adhere to the printing surface. How can I disable the first layer? I do not need this layer.

I have a 0.8mm Nozzle.

First Layer:

ErsteSchicht.thumb.JPG.4e6b7fbb102bef79717eb70c52e53e19.JPG

Second Layer:

ZweiteSchicht.thumb.JPG.c1013d27e46456d4914c33d38f4cb6b5.JPG

ErsteSchicht.thumb.JPG.4e6b7fbb102bef79717eb70c52e53e19.JPG

ZweiteSchicht.thumb.JPG.c1013d27e46456d4914c33d38f4cb6b5.JPG

Edited by Guest

look through settings and allow Z position to go negative. Might be called something like "allow part to go below bed" or "disable auto z position". Something like that.

Then click on the part in normal view. click the "move" icon to move your part and move it downward a tiny bit.

You don't need to change any settings to move the part below the build plate. The setting I'm guessing gr5 is referring to is "Automatically drop models to the build plate" which makes sure that the model gets pushed down to the build plate in case you drag the model upwards.

I'm guessing this is an issue with your model rather than cura. But moving it down slightly as suggested will probably take care of it (if it's ok that the model becomes ever so slightly shorter).

I have noticed that Cura 2.6.1 is better at accepting keyboard dimensions below zero Z level with the "Automatically drop models to the build plate" activated. Nice to have a fine tuned depth control to do what you need without switching modes all the time. If you take the layer height you do not need (Layer 1) and move the model down that amount, it should slice properly.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for your help. I have now installed the 2.6.1 version and there was the same problem. You gave me good tips and I then recognized the problem quickly. Z Support Distance is the problem. I have to make it to 0. But so I can not remove the support easily.

This is my Object. I think it is too rounded.

Objekt.thumb.JPG.aebf0f3b30cada995cad99609561b3c0.JPG

I'm having this exact problem with a perfectly flat part. This appears to be a pretty major bug. I had to set the Z support distance to 0 as well to get it to work. Now the bottom of my part has a messy support layer attached and the rest of the support is difficult to remove. Has anyone found a proper workaround for this yet?