Fusion 360: free for hobbyists

Posted · Fusion 360: free for hobbyists

It's the new name for Inventor Fusion, currently in beta, you can signin for free here:

https://beta.autodesk.com

mgg942 got the correct link (thanks!):

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=20884205&siteID=123112

I used it just a little so far, but I think it's a worth upgrade over Inventor Fusion, easier to use and with more powerful tools.

But they store your files on the cloud, and for now it's a bit slow when you have to browse projects / designs, but at least the actual software is fast, probably faster than the older version.

The option to export to STL is a bit hidden, but there is a nice video explaining it:

And the great news is that it will be free to use for hobbyist!

(I confirmed this info on Fusion's forum.)

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...
    Posted (edited) · Fusion 360: free for hobbyists

I 'm using Fusion 360 since it became available on Mac. I was so happy when I read Autodesk will provide this great tool to hobbists for free. At that time Fusion 360's pricing statement page (http://fusion360.autodesk.com/pricing#) looked like this:

Fusion360-pricing-statement-on-website.png

Unfortunately after a year Fusion 360 asked me to install an update and after this release it did not let me in. When I started the application this dialog appeared:

Fusion360-trial-expired-window.png

So if I wanted to access all my previous designs I had to "explore options":

Fusion360-explore-options.png

Where is the option to continue freely as a hobbist?

I'm a software developer and a 3dprint fanatic but I don't earn any income from my designs.

At that time I was very disappointed that the free option just gone.

This story happened to me on 24th of January, 2015. I could not do anything else than to pay in order to continue working on my designs.

Please Kevin let us know what to do exactly to use / continue using Fusion 360 freely for personal purposes.

Edited by Guest

Any news on this? It seems like a great piece of software, but I won't invest any time in it if the free deal is one year only.

Any news on this? It seems like a great piece of software, but I won't invest any time in it if the free deal is one year only.

You can sign up free for one year and then renew your free membership for another year each year after that.

I have been using Fusion since early 2014 as an Enthusiast, I use it pretty much everyday and I am still using it for free.

That's all very nice, but what does it DO?

Pretty nice but i dont like in the cloud storage.

Btw, it requires 64bit os (Yes, i still work on 32bit!).