Changing fill % at 3 different different levels

Yousif

Posted · Changing fill % at 3 different different levels

Hi,

I am new to using CURA from Simplify3D. I want to print 4 of these dogbones from PP and 4 from PC. I am testing the adhesion strength between 2 shell layers. Therefore, I want to print the top and bottom at 100% infill (which will be attached to the tensile test grips) and keep the middle section hollow (0% infill) with 2 shells. I have attached the CURA file. 

Kind Regards,

Yousif

image.thumb.png.65d1e1a48d0eb6a3843bf258c6ac9c90.png

UM3_Dog bone.3mf

Posted (edited) · Changing fill % at 3 different different levels

You can do what @Dim3nsioneer suggests as it will work on all versions of Cura. I am playing with the new 3.2 beta (Which, other than a few oddities, is quite stable in my experience) and created the file here for you to look at if you install the 3.2 beta. It is using a new way of modifying the infill and is very flexible. No counting layers and very intuitive in that you should be able to follow what I did. Just select the top and bottom boxes, go to per model settings and choose the "Mesh Type/Modify infill setting of other models" and then choose the infill for that object. It will modify the infill where it overlaps the other models. I just made the bottom box to fit the bottom (A guess of where you would want it) and then cloned the box and moved it up.

I do have automatically drop model to buildplate disabled to facilitate such operations.

UM3E_5a71f47768eb5_UM3_Dogbone-32Beta.curaproject.3mf

Does the job nicely :)

edit: Does require 3.2 beta to function.

Edited by kmanstudios
    clarification of program version to use. and...typelexia....

Posted · Changing fill % at 3 different different levels
    6 minutes ago, Yousif said:

@Dim3nsioneer and @kmanstudios thank you very much. It worked! Really appreciate your time. 

Which way did you wind up going with? I ask because not everybody wants to get into beta software and my method required 3.2. It can be done in 3.1 but is a bit more involved.