nozzle cleaning

foxxey

Posted · nozzle cleaning

Ok guys i have a serious problem with my 3d printer which i have one year still i didnt succed one 3d print object. Seveal problemes were coming one my wat when finally i thought i solve all of them the nozzle started to take out a small amount of pla to print the object and after i realize that all the pla was melting all around on top of the nozzle and i was loosing both material and TIME. What i did was that i take of the pieces to clean them but for a reason -probably the pla inside- they cannot fit back together. I used different techinques like heat them through the 3d printer tools and many more.

I DONT know what to do. its a shame cause i need the printer and i cannot have it. it didnt succed not even one print and iv spent already too much mpney to buy new pieces like those.

any ideas?

27653871_10210351826131220_450660857_o.jpg

27707504_10210351825171196_1454666792_o.jpg

Posted · nozzle cleaning

This assembly in the photo above looks okay.  I can't tell if the brass tube is all the way in but this is how it should look.  It looks right but there still may be a leak.

I can't tell where your leak was.  There are 4 places to leak in this photo:

1) above peek (unlikely)

2) above brass pipe

3) above block

4) above nozzle (below block)

If you have trouble taking this apart, you must heat to 120C first.  Put a drop of water on the aluminum, and heat this in a flame (without burning the peek!!!) until the water boils completely away and heat for a little longer then any parts that were stuck will now rotate.

NOTE A: It's super critical to put the nozzle in first, then put the brass pipe in SECOND.  This way you stop all leaks.  Do this while the aluminum is above 100C (any temperature from 100C to 200C is fine so just boil water on the aluminum).

If you do "note a" you will eliminate leaks at #3 and #4.  Full instructions start on page 45 here:

https://ultimaker.com/download/272/Ultimaker Original+ Assembly Instructions v2.pdf

Posted · nozzle cleaning

the peek and the brass pipe are stuck together i tryed with my tools and some water drops now that it is hot but i cannot even do the rotation to un-stuck them? shall i leave it like this? will this effect the printing? the peek and the brass pipe are stuck together i tried with my tools and some water drops now that it is hot but i cannot even do the rotation,  to un-stuck them. shall i leave it like this? will this effect the printing? 

++ i have to tell you that the melted pla was on this point , between the peek with the brass pipe and the top of the nozzle