Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Super Clogged Extruders

Posted (edited) · Super Clogged Extruders
6 minutes ago, 9thoracle said:

Just because the issue's root cause is bad adhesion, doesn't mean there aren't issues down the line.

I cannot agree with this. That is like saying that not taking care of any other issue will cause problems and therefore, everything else is at fault when the root cause is user error. My ABS is not sticking to the PVA!!! My PP does not stick like PLA!!, etc. etc. All false equivalencies in the idea that everything can be compensated for.

@Digibike is on the right track to dealing with an issue with something other than "It ain't all perfect." It takes into account the occasional user error, or, repeated user error as well as other issues that can arise.

Nothing meant negative about it, but the root of your argument relies on UM taking every possible user error into consideration. I just do not agree with that.

Edited by kmanstudios
    • Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This really sucks, man.  to fix it you need a heat gun.  Hopefully it's PLA as if it's a high temp material you are even more screwed.  This has happened to many people and they get through it eventua

Hi @brightorange, thank you for your reply. What is misleading about kman's response?  You speak of a clog, and even though you can now consider your printhead as clogged the origin of this probl

It's not enough to watch the first layer.  You have to check that it squished hard.  These are photos of 0.3mm thick first layers and how they look with the head starting off at different heights - no

Posted Images

Posted · Super Clogged Extruders

The fact that you have the problem with the liability always under control, honors you, but also shows that it happened to you, at least in the beginning, too. I also usually have no liability problems, but in the last case, I had a tiny carelessness in the process for the 2nd Printing part, which gave me this surprise - see also the photo of the previous poster. and that at a printer of 4400 euro and 2 Core's for a total of 240 euros. The last time that something happened to me, by the way, was 2014th So prints not synonymous since yesterday ... Can you imagine what I think about it, when I see that the printer for 4400 euros so produces a damage, in principle would be preventable for 0.30 cents ...? The liability error was clearly my mistake, only the impact would be so easily caught in a failed print with primitive means, instead the printer is allowed to produce damage to these capitals.
    That's not to say the least, to say the least, no matter how well you get along with the printer. Something simpler can be prevented, especially since the magnets and the temperature control are already implants ... Then it is not necessarily so consuming a filament monitoring as the S5 - it is automatically collected the disturbance as soon as the fan can no longer cool the core - then anyway no control of the Core's happen!

Greetings, Digibike