TPU 95A

OOC

Posted (edited) · TPU 95A

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is possible, but can we share build files? Meaning the settings for a certain type of Filament? If so, does someone happen to have a file for printing TPU95 A? I am having a hard time getting started. Nothing I seem to do is working. I cant get this stuff to print to save my life. Even with the pre selection in Cura. I've turned off  "retraction" adjusted temps and just no luck at all. The print seems to make it to about halfway through the second layer of this phone case and just stops printing.

Ive also noticed that the Filament is feeding through very slow through the back of the machine. Extremely slow 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) 

Thanks

Edited by OOC

Hi, thank you for your post! Can you share with us why your past attempts failed to print with TPU? Perhaps you can share a photo of your print. If you could do this using the default settings it would be most easy to compare settings. And are you trying to print a specific model or just anything? Thanks! 

Hi,

Yes.

These are my settings for TPU (Ninjaflex):

[material]
    name=Ninjaflex
    temperature=220
    bed_temperature=50
    fan_speed=100 
    flow=103 
    diameter=2.85

You can copy-paste them into your profile file.

Here are some pics Sandervg. I’m having so much trouble printing this phone case. Right now in the second pic, you can see it’s printing super fine and light so it’s tansparent.

Shurik, are you using Cura default settings and just changing the items you listed for the TPU 95a filament?

Thank you both for he response.

CAEE592B-BE16-4E90-904A-71FA60B1B968.jpeg

C3DB9783-93AF-48AB-BE3D-867D8D5C4A3B.jpeg

is the bed level ? it doesn't look level...

I get good prints with flexible with slow feedrate (15-20mm/s) no fan, and no retracts or minimum retracts....usually I have retract off, strings in flexible are easy to remove.

also use well sized layerheights :)

Hello Catohagen,

The bed should be level. I just re-leveled it yesterday. The odd thing is that it only does this with the phone case and not the maker coin I have been testing.

I will try your settings

Hi @OOC,

you may want to read/check out this thread: 

There are basically to ways to print TPU95A on an Ultimaker. 

a: use a few drops of oil to reduce the friction in the bowden tube and print really slow without retractions

b: upgrade your printer with a Bondtech DDG set 

I was also a bit surprised and disappointed that Ultimaker only sells TPU95A filament but doesn't do any testing for this kind of filament.

It's also quite important to keep flexible filament dry. A simple food dehydrator for a few hours at 60 degrees can work wonders ;)

I've printed a few things with TPU95 using CURA's standard settings, with little troubles as long as it was nice geometric things.

It looks like either your bed is not level, or maybe your glass is bent. There has been a series of bent glass plates sometime last year, which made printing quite a hassle, if not outright impossible. You should check that out: I've used a bubble level to check it, and saw how my original glass was bent in a U shape. If that's the case, call your reseller, they should exchange it for free.

Else, as was said above, keep the TPU dry (food dehydrator or drybox), feeder tension should be in the middle, and make sure the nozzles are clean, and you should be good.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:16 PM, catohagen said:

is the bed level ? it doesn't look level...

I get good prints with flexible with slow feedrate (15-20mm/s) no fan, and no retracts or minimum retracts....usually I have retract off, strings in flexible are easy to remove.

also use well sized layerheights :)

Hi, do you turn off all the fans for the TPU settings?  I'm running mine at 15 mm/s and it works great sometimes and then not at all on the next build with the same settings.