Help with test print

wiso-PR

Posted · Help with test print

Hi,

I am new to 3d-printing. Like a month ago a bought a UM3E. Since I got it I have being trying to print a test object that I created in Fusion 360. The description to the test print is in the images attached. Also a photo of the final result is attached with the setup given on "Cura". The dimensions are not consistence, missing be almost 0.2 mm on the square and 1 mm on the cylinder. The pointy cone is not being completed and the material seems to not be extruded to the right position. Can I get some help or tips to properly print this test object?

Thank you for the help and support.

object.PNG.99ef841ff40652031a0ef93da0615241.PNGDesccription.thumb.PNG.2082ed407cb96cf9cd32b68bee882b82.PNGsetup1.thumb.PNG.2957c4036b67a275bd70c52c8b7fd181.PNGsetup2.thumb.PNG.b01d2fdf670916ebc1e05f76a769425e.PNG

20180319_121402.jpg

Well you aren't getting enough cooling on the tip of that tiny cone.  So I strongly suggest you print 3 of these and lay them along the X axis so the ones not being printed on get more fan.

Then after you print those, measure the middle one and any errors remaining you can probably fix by adjusting in cad.  note that all manufacturing techniques need some compensation in the design including injection molding (for example if you want 90 degree corners you have to compensate the angle).

• Like 1

OK if you want that level of accuracy I think you need to move to the custom settings.

Firstly you are printing too fast; set all your print speeds to 30mm/s (but not your travel speed or acceleration speeds).

Set your wall thickness to 0.8mm (i.e. 2*nozzle size)

Personally I would not print the brim via extruder 2; but that is presumably personal preference and probably does ton have any effect on your result

Personally I would always keep my line widths the same and the same size as the nozzle, i.e. line widths of 0.4mm, unless I was trying to overcome some sort of problem.

You will benefit from printing cool; you now have 100 micron layers at 30mm/s so you can probably take the temp down to 190 - if that looks great then try 185,but if you start to see under extrusion go back up.

@gr5 graciously suggested you print 3 copies - that is not negotiable for what you want - you have to:)

It looks like you might be getting some crow's feet but we can deal with that once we see the result of these changes

Concerning the cone, as gr5 said you have not enough cooling. What I use as solution is to print a dummy next to the real models. See the examples below for the explanation.

dummy_inverse_block6.thumb.jpg.2bdb2396588983363b48127ee12d8174.jpg

krabber1b.thumb.jpg.f9daf3b43ca23fea1e7c43e562ecb126.jpg

DSCN5603b.thumb.jpg.83c20560cfab90d56590243bc6015f12.jpg