UM2 and Duet3D board

Posted · UM2 and Duet3D board

Hello.

Recently, I bought a Duet3d ethernet for my JennyPrinter3D (Ultimaker 2+ extended clone). I decided to change the original board, which was rubbish, for this one. It looks great and the webpanel is incredible. I am trying to configure the new board with reprap configurator but it is a little bit complicated. Could anyone share their parameters? It would be very helpfull.

@Neotko I saw your video of Duet Connection in Youtube. It was very useful (me fue muy útil y está todo muy bien explicado).

Regards!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

hello, i have a um2 clone (jennyprinter 3) on which mainboard is HS. i bought a duet wifi and a pt100 board. for wiring i think i am ok but i doesent understand how to use/modify z endstop to do bed levelling.... i read your posts but i don't understand...

i have to move my z endstop ? (mine is at the bottom) if yes , what is the better way to install it on top; i can't see how it is done on a "umo" ...

and after, to make a bed levelling, i move manually z axis, i write the value and after, where to put it to calibrate bed ? 

thanks for help

16 minutes ago, jeanmarcboulay said:

hello, i have a um2 clone (jennyprinter 3) on which mainboard is HS. i bought a duet wifi and a pt100 board. for wiring i think i am ok but i doesent understand how to use/modify z endstop to do bed levelling.... i read your posts but i don't understand...

i have to move my z endstop ? (mine is at the bottom) if yes , what is the better way to install it on top; i can't see how it is done on a "umo" ...

and after, to make a bed levelling, i move manually z axis, i write the value and after, where to put it to calibrate bed ? 

thanks for help

Hello, you don't have to move your Z-endstop, but installing a Z-sensor for leveling. The easiest, most accuracy and most economic solution is this model.

https://es.aliexpress.com/i/4000180840997.html

It is  plugged on the nozzle until the leveling map is completed. After that, remove the sensor, reboot your Duet and the printer will be calibrated. PCB board is not neccesary, just the inductive sensor. It can be managed by Duet.

Cheers!

On 6/8/2020 at 10:56 AM, jeanmarcboulay said:

when you make home, the bed goes on low position?

Yes

On 6/8/2020 at 10:56 AM, jeanmarcboulay said:

is there a macro to make for bed levelling ? z offset or something like that ?

I have already written my own macro for this?
    But I don't know if it works for you as well?
    Does your homing of X, Y, Z work?
    Is your config file up to date?
    I can offer you upload your current files (homex, homey, homez, homeall, config) and I compare them with mine!

• Like 1

hello,

for the moment i wait for my duet shipping, i just have the paneldue.

So i will tell you when all is wired.

Thanks for your help

hi,

i finally received my DUET Wifi and my power adapter board and the z probe ( as #Chop3d ).

I first update the panel due firmware, wifi firmware and duet firmware; it seems ok (v3.11)

wifi connection is ok, temps readings are ok (pt100 board)

I made my config files with the online ultility.

I will try all during this week but i want to be sure about the z probe:

i connect it betwen GND and In pin of z probe and i set:

M558 P5 C"^zprobe.in" F500 T5000 H3

is it the good way ?

finally i received my DUET !

thanks to #ultiarjan for his directory; it helped me a lot.

I adapted it for the V3.1.1 firmware (h params in g1 codes, pt100 board adresses for themistors, and the adresses for endstops which are normally open in my case (i know it is not so good))

Heaters work well, (i use ultiarjan pid params) , and "home all" is ok.

I tried a little print yesterday:

it is really incredible: it make really less noise that drv8825 of my ultiboard !

It just still mechanic noise !

And i find that movements are "smoother" 

i have to make some macros (stop motors, raise bed, preheat etc...)

tomorow i will try the zprobe  (it is a new world for me !) 

image.thumb.png.27bb3750d15388637a1c95554d34bb7f.png

• Like 1

hello,

i finally tried my z probe; wiring is ok and the G29  procedure work (it probe all points and a heightmap is done) but at the end i have a message (the height map has a substantial Z offset. Suggest use Z-probe to establish Z=0 datum, then re-probe the mesh.) and when i go to see heightmap, the mesh is really high on the image...

i can't understand why. Do i have to remove my "M206 Z-2.7     " on config override ? (i made it to adjust my first layer before installing my z probe) or not ?  i send you my config files and the map if someone has an idea

Thanks a lot for help

config_duet_um2_jmb.zip

Hello everyone, I would like to replace my original ultimaker card with a duet2 wifi already in my possession with its 7-inch monitor, I would like to know if there is a guideline to be able to configure the card considering that my printer is equipped with a double extruder mod DXU and I would like to keep it, can you help me?

https://biqu.equipment/collections/control-board/products/bigtreetech-tango-v1-0-motherboard-upgrade-on-the-basis-of-rumba-control-board-for-3d-printer
    Is it a possible ultiboard replacement?

Furthermore, aside de pt100 thermistors, once you get rid of them, the obvious way is to replace the original board for any market board like BTTs or else and use Klipper.