Feeder problem

sohail

Posted · Feeder problem

I have ultimaker 2+ & facing the problem of material grinding..i have tried fixing the tension in higher, lower & middle but didn't helped. I even tried cleaning nozzle still after that I'm facing same issues...kindly help me to get it solve

Posted · Feeder problem

The Um2 "plus" (plus is key) are much less likely to get underextrusion than other printers.  If it's not brand new and if this problem is recent then I'd change the nozzle and the Teflon part as tinker says above.

Also the wrong cura settings can easily cause underextrusion.  You could try posting all of those - the key ones are: layer height, print speed (all layer heights and all print speeds), line width (all line widths) and temperature but that's set on the printer.

Also try a cold pull.  It's complicated to explain but easy to do.  A cold pull will clean the nozzle from the inside - there could be sand, dust, pieces of nylon, etc in the nozzle.  Cold pull (also known as "atomic pull" or "atomic method"):

https://support.3dverkstan.se/article/10-the

Posted · Feeder problem

Oh and set the tension right in the middle PLA and most other filaments.

Posted (edited) · Feeder problem

I had this with PVA filament that was damaged by moisture. If you are using PVA (or any other moisture sensitive material, like nylon), make sure to store it in a drybox of some sort (buy one, or make one yourself. Just google it :) )

Edited by darsan