Clicking sound on bondtech

bastienb

Posted · Clicking sound on bondtech

Hello !

I recently changed my PLA supplier (now PLA economy from Colorfabb) in 2.2kg spool and I started to hear clicking sound on both my UM2+.

I have bondtech feeders, tinkergnome and (normally) I set everything up correctly. I do not have underextrusion at all... I tried to loose the tensionning screw on the feeder and to increase the printing speed but I still have this (VERY ANNOYING) clicking sound. It occurs each 5 or 10 seconds.

Maybe I did not hear it before because of the size of the spool and the lack of resonance... 

Do you have an idea ? 

If you need any extra info and/or pics, do not hesitate ! I am note sure what could be of use here...

Thanks a lot ?

• 2 weeks later...

If you start to hear clicking sounds when putting a 2.2kg spools on the back instead of the standard 750-1000 gram, the last thing you should do is speed up the print, and loosen the tension, try the other way around. 

• Like 1

thanks @phantom

the problem was the increased friction due to the increased weight of the spool

the tension was building itself on the filament guide and every 5/10 seconds the tension was released and it "clicks"

I strongly advise a separate spool holder for this size...

Now the spool is on a spool holder with bearings and there is less friction than with a regular spool (but it's taking a lot of place XD)

I took care of the angle from which the filament enters the feeder and it's printing like a charm now !

Thanks @phantom ?