Random nozzle Temp changes.

Degs

Posted · Random nozzle Temp changes.

Cura seems to be adding random temp changes to my gcode. M104... I set to 212 and after some time into the print the temp will change from 212 to a range of temps from 174 to 226.

Seems to be happening every 100 layers.I've attached gcode file generated from Cura 3.4.1. I have to remember to edit before the print. No big deal, as long as I remember.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Degs

SE-14R_-_Barrel.gcode

Posted (edited) · Random nozzle Temp changes.

No not dual. It would show in the gcode. The Nozzle temp changes are not so random. The temp is set to 212 in Cura and at layer 98 it bumps it up to 226. Then from there on it drops the temp 4 degrees every 100 layers. Could it be a bug? Only just noticed this recently as I've just started to do larger prints.

Thanks.

Edited by Degs

My printer is doing the same exact thing but at different times. 

I just upgraded my UM2 to a + and installed the firmware. I reloaded cura and am using Polypropylene. The first print I did came out perfectly, but then every time I went to print after that the machine kept using a nozzle temp of 240 instead of 220 which is did the first time. Not only that but even if I manually change the temp after the print starts, its still worse quality than the first print so I am assuming the printer is probably changing other settings too. But how am I supposed to know what its doing.

Anyone else having this problem?

I think I just solved my own problem.  I saved my materials to the SD card to see what they are doing. 
    With the new version of Cura, when I change the nozzle size, there are corresponding settings in the materials that are in the printer for this. I am using a .8mm nozzle and when I look in the SD card in the materials.txt file, there are settings for .8 nozzle. The temp gets pushed to 240 if Cura saves a file that tells the printer its a .8mm nozzle I guess. 

So at least I know why its doing it. The trouble is figuring out why the print was worse after the first one was done perfectly. 

@Degs - this is really bizarre.  I just looked at your gcode which is helpful as it shows the settings at the end of the file.

@smartavionics - do you have any ideas?  There's about 10 or so temperature changes and they aren't mostly in the first 10 layers like I would expect.  This seems like some new bug.

@Degs - check to see if you have any plugins or post processing scripts enabled that change temperature.  Go to "extensions" "post processing" and "gcode" and make sure the list in there is empty.

I can see from the gcode that there are one or more postprocessing scripts active. I can't see what they (are meant to) do.

Posted (edited) · Random nozzle Temp changes.

@gr5  @ahoeben - You found it guys.... How dumb am I...!!! There's a post processing script running for temp changes. I must have left it active after I did a temp tower. Didn't realise it kept the script running after closing Cura and then opening a new file. Changes 4 degrees every 10mm.

Ooops. Sorry guys.

Just looked over the gcode again. Don't know how I missed the post processing comment???

Edited by Degs

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) when you add a post processing script it stays in cura forever until you purposely disable it.  It's very handy if (for example) the script is critical for your particular printer.  Or if you want to slice 100 different parts with the same post processing script settings.

@gr5- I Can see post processing is very usefull. I just have to remember to check everything.

Thanks gr5