UM2GO Nozzle

HugoG

Posted · UM2GO Nozzle

Hi,

I bought some filament which, unfortunately, is a little abrasive. I went searching online for a stainless steel nozzle with a bigger nozzle size for the Ultimaker 2 Go, but I found out the Olsson heat block is, as far as I've looked, permanently attached to the nozzle, without any way of getting it out (maybe drilling, but that doesn't seem like a good idea), and I couldn't find any brass heat blocks for sale.

So I was wondering if you guys maybe know where I can find a replacement heat block/nozzle combination, and if possible a stainless steel nozzle instead of a brass one.

Have a great day,

Hugo G

Posted · UM2GO Nozzle

The Olsson block is exactly what you need, there you can change the nozzles as you want and use different sizes and nozzles for abrasive materials like the everlast nozzle.

You can also use the 3DSolex Matchless block, which comes also with changeable nozzles.

Posted · UM2GO Nozzle

Yes.  Exactly what smithy said.  3dsolex.com sells olsson blocks.  The um2go comes with the original ultimaker block before Ultimaker started adding Olsson blocks to their printers.  They added it to the UM2 and UM2ext but not the um2go.

I also modified my um2go to use the 3dsolex heated bed upgrade kit.

disclaimer: I sell both of these products in my store for people in USA.

Posted · UM2GO Nozzle
    2 hours ago, ultiarjan said:

If you print a lot of abrasive material also have a look at a "ruby" nozzle iso stainless steel...

And in addition: keep in mind that not only the nozzle will wear out but also the transportation wheel of the feeder (this doesn't take long if you use e.g. carbon filled filament).
    It depends on your use case, but (perhaps) consider a change to Bondtech feeder as well.

Posted · UM2GO Nozzle

Thanks for all your advise!

23 hours ago, Smithy said:

You can also use the 3DSolex Matchless block, which comes also with changeable nozzles.

I took a look at what 3DSolex has to offer, and I think the Matchless heatblock is exactly what I need. They also have chrome coated brass nozzles, which is what I'm going to use for now.

14 hours ago, gr5 said:

I also modified my um2go to use the 3dsolex heated bed upgrade kit.

The heated bed is something I also want to upgrade to. I was wondering, what system upgrade did you use? The one provided by 3DSolex or a custom one?

10 hours ago, ultiarjan said:

You can buy the original Olsson block at any ultimaker reseller, as it's a spare part for the UM2+.

If you print a lot of abrasive material also have a look at a "ruby" nozzle iso stainless steel...

http://olssonruby.com/

Thanks, I will keep it in mind. For now I think a chrome nozzle is enough, since I will be printing 'galaxy' filament, which has metal foil mixed in to make it shine.

7 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

And in addition: keep in mind that not only the nozzle will wear out but also the transportation wheel of the feeder (this doesn't take long if you use e.g. carbon filled filament).
    It depends on your use case, but (perhaps) consider a change to Bondtech feeder as well.

How much does it wear out? I hope it will last a while since it is also made of SS and I'm only using foil filled filament, but I will keep it in mind when I start noticing grinding.

Again, thanks for all you help! Have a nice day,

Hugo G

Posted · UM2GO Nozzle

Olsson and Matchless are nearly the same - with both you can change the nozzle and the nozzle fits in both blocks. I heard that the Matchless is not really needed for UM2Go, not bad, but the features of this new block are not really needed in this machine. So I would look for a cheaper Olsson Block. And your preferred nozzles fits here and here.

I printed some parts with Fillamentum Galaxy filament and this material in not abrasive, but yours is maybe different.

Regarding heat bed, I suggest the 3DSolex heat bed. Works like a charm without problems.