error using ultimaker cura - "unable to slice"

avivabu

Posted · error using ultimaker cura - "unable to slice"

hi, 

I installed ultimaker cura to my computer and after i put an item into it and press "prepare" it doesn't work.

Instead, it writes a message on the screen "Unable to slice, unable to slice with the current material as it is incompatible with selected machine or configuration". (the print screen is attached)

I tried to change materials and reinstalling the software and still i cant figure whats the problem..

if anyone know what should i do to solve it i will be grateful!

Thank you, 

Aviv Abuhasira

image.png

Posted (edited) · error using ultimaker cura - "unable to slice"

I am having the same problem with my new Ultimaker 3 and Cura 3.6.  I'm using Ultimaker Silver PLA in extruder 1 and Natural PVA in extruder 2.  Cura recognizes the Ultimaker 3 and detects that it has Extruder 1 and Extruder 2. 

Both materials are selected correctly in the Cura sidebar but there is a warning saying to "Check Compatability".  These materials are valid in the chart on the Ultimaker website. 

I have a simple STL imported that is small and in the center of the build plate.   I am using "Recommended" as my Print Setup.

I've not been able to figure out what is wrong and need help.

Edited by essentia

Posted · error using ultimaker cura - "unable to slice"

If the printer is connected, you can click the arrow in the upper right to set the configurations accordingly to the printer setup.

907423989_Bildschirmfoto2018-11-18um10_12_39.thumb.png.23df0b8641b49c1d2524ef2416fdd4cc.png