rkusuma

How to change printing direction

Posted (edited) · How to change printing direction

Hello,
I would like to change my printing direction become one same direction. Currently, it's run zig zag, I know it's for optimizing but that doesn't matter for me.

giphy.gif

as we can see from the gif, it's printing on zig zag, I want it print on the same direction, ex: top to bottom and not continue in the middle.

Is there any configuration I can try to change the direction, or I should change something from the source in CuraEngine?

I attached the project file.

Thank you in advance.

CFFFP_幾何1.3mf

Edited by rkusuma

Posted · How to change printing direction

I read your question 30 times.  I read the answer 5 times.  I think I understand.  In the picture above it goes top to bottom and then the very next second it goes bottom to top.

You want always top to bottom.

@smartavionics - is there a control for this?

Why do you want this?  For a smoother top layer?  Have you tried the ironing features?  Turn on "enable ironing".  There are a lot of things to play with in ironing.  I have heard that a speed of 40 gives a smoother result than the default of 20.

Posted · How to change printing direction
8 hours ago, Aage Rasmussen said:

you can change the line direction for Top / Bottom and
Infill. Ex. [0.90]

2 hours ago, gr5 said:

I read your question 30 times.  I read the answer 5 times.  I think I understand.  In the picture above it goes top to bottom and then the very next second it goes bottom to top.

You want always top to bottom.

@smartavionics - is there a control for this?

Why do you want this?  For a smoother top layer?  Have you tried the ironing features?  Turn on "enable ironing".  There are a lot of things to play with in ironing.  I have heard that a speed of 40 gives a smoother result than the default of 20.

I am sorry, I think my question is not clear enough. @smartavionics has been replied my question at Github page ( https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/5034 )

I also made my question more clear there. the reason why I need it can print on same direction because the metal wire feeder only goes on one direction.