Cura crashes my entire computer

JohnOldman

Posted · Cura crashes my entire computer
On 1/16/2020 at 8:39 AM, goddamnmaddog said:

so sad, my PC crashed again. I am so sick of having my PC crashed while doing work or in front of customers.

Call me, when you fixed the problem, XD. A crash a day keeps my customers away.

Cura has worked perfect on my i7 3770K, but now I can't open cura for even 15 minutes. Even a Raspberry Pi is more reliable than the AMD-Cura combination.

It's not just AMD-Cura... I'm running an Intel Xeon, 12GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 760, Samsung 512 SSD. Yea it's old but it it's solid when Cura's not running. I get the same thing, spontaneous reboots at least once every 12 hours and it's only when Cura's running.

• 3 months later...

I just started using Cura the other day and I’ve started having this exact issue. I have a 3000 series ryzen and amd board the same as everyone else here. I’m running cura 4.6.

I have a Ryzen 1600 and ASUS b350-f Strix MB. Latest version of Cura 4.6.1 still crashes intermittently. Sometimes it will be while using it. Other times if I leave I alone for a while. My hunch is the ASUS motherboard. I have two Ryzen systems in house and I have not noticed the same behaviour on the other one.  The one that so far seems ok has a Ryzen 3700 with an aorus MB in it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I appear to be having a similar problem:

- 3700X

- Asus B450-F

- Cura 4.6

Similar to everyone else, when running Cura my computer will occasionally full black screen, and immediately reboot. No indication in Event Viewer. I also had a go at monitoring my system with HWINFO (at the time I didn't know what was crashing it), managed to record up to a crash but looking over the data I didn't see anything spike abnormally before the reboot. I attached the file if it's useful, it's just a .csv but that file extension wasn't allowed.

Will try to confirm this theory by leaving Cura closed and see if any crashes happen, I've just had two in quick succession with Cura open.

HWINFO.zip

I also have the same issue,

when I work with Cura my PC frequently reboots or I get a black screen and it becomes unresponsive. It also happens with the latest Cura Version.

Is there any solution yet?

I'm running a

Ryzen 7 2700x

GTX 1080 ti

32GB RAM

I had this issue until tonight when I finally fixed it for myself. I had virtualization turned on in order to run VMs, but I no longer need it. After resetting BIOS back to defaults, which only disabled virtualization, it no longer crashes. I don't remember the exact setting name (Sorry!), but I hope this helps someone else!

I'm running:

Windows 10

Ryzen 5 3600

RTX 2060

16GB RAM

On 6/24/2020 at 7:54 AM, Kaladin said:

I had this issue until tonight when I finally fixed it for myself. I had virtualization turned on in order to run VMs, but I no longer need it. After resetting BIOS back to defaults, which only disabled virtualization, it no longer crashes. I don't remember the exact setting name (Sorry!), but I hope this helps someone else!

I'm running:

Windows 10

Ryzen 5 3600

RTX 2060

16GB RAM

I have

windows 10
    Ryzen 2700x
    ASUS x470 prime
    Radeon 6800xt (Used to have gtx1080)
    16Gb ram

Virtualization has been disabled for me all this time. So it doesn't seem to solve problem..

I've heard that this problem seems to be with Ryzen processors when ASUS motherboard is used? What MoBos you guys have?

24 minutes ago, Kajautus said:

this problem seems to be with Ryzen processors when ASUS motherboard is used?

I think this statement is a bit too generic. I use Windows 10, an ASUS motherboard and a Ryzen processor as well, graphics card is from NVIDIA.... And Cura runs just fine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Cura crashes my entire computer

Problem is still not resolved.... Anyone recomendations for other slicers? Don't think there will be a solution anytime soon since it's been 2 years allready...

Edited by Nielski55

Hi im new to 3d printing for 3 days now and having this issue. But im abit of a computer geek im looking into the issue im running.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Asus Strix B450-f 

16GB Hyperx Ram

I can confirm no issues with overclock as I have done extensive checks it seems to be random when the software is idling from a few mins to about 15 mins.

I think it may be down to some ASUS services that are running more focused towards AMD but may be used on other CPU variants im cross referring services between working setups to AMD & Asus failing setups.

I would also like to add my experience with Cura.

I've loved working with the software, it has been quite the learning process since I can only run it for a undetermined amount of time before it crashes my whole PC. Every time there is a update I make sure to install it. I'm unsure why it is crashing, since I am not really experienced in programming/code. I've read through the thread and will also add myself on the ever-growing list of AMD users that are experiencing this issue.

My Specs:

Windows 10 Home

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core

ASUS Prime x470-Pro

RTX 2060 Super

32Gb Ram

I would love for this to be fixed as it is one of my most preferred slicers, and I love 3D printing stuff!

I hope we can get this resolved, thanks for all the amazing work everyone has done! I can't wait to have a stable platform to slice on!

@CosmicCollin799 please post your log file.

I'm away from home but hundreds of other posts in this forum explain where to find cura.log.

Posted (edited) · Cura crashes my entire computer

@gr5 Okay I will post the log file, I have no clue if this is the correct one but here is the attachment.

cura.log

Edited by CosmicCollin799
    Needed to @ gr5

Same issue.

Windows freezes randomly when cura is open. No apparent reason except simply having the program running.

Reinstalling hasn’t helped.

Cura has not been optimised for AMD so it causes the crashes, I doubt they will fix it any time soon as they like the blame AMD.

Shame really as I would pay for Cura if they bothered to fix it