New login: Ultimaker account

SandervG

Posted · New login: Ultimaker account

Hi,

As you may have noticed, we made a small change to the login yesterday. Instead of having an account just in our community you now have an Ultimaker account. This means that with this account you can now log in to Cura to use your backups, visit the marketplace, participate in our community and it will be linked to even more features in the future. 

When you want to log in, click on 'Existing user? Sign in'. You're then asked to sign in with your Ultimaker account. Sign in with your existing email and password, if your browser has not remembered them and you're in! 

You can access your Ultimaker account page via this link: account.ultimaker.com

On our community you will continue to have a different profile page, because it contains information specifically for this forum. 

A small group of users that already created an account in Cura for the backups, may have used a different email address than for our community. Please let us know if this is the case and we can merge these accounts so you will only need to remember one. 

• Like 2

No it wasn't, there was also an update to the software simultaneously. The topic name was a custom plugin which probably was overlooked. I will ask them reinstall. Thanks for mentioning! 

Sanderv,

I got locked out of my old account (calinb) and there's no way to reset the password. I've participated on these various UM forums since 2012 can I'd like to get my old username/account back. It seems that every time we get a new UM forum, I have problems (deleted posts and photos, and now account lock-out, etc.)!

Once again, I am only using this new account under username calinb_new to contract you. No one responded to my email to info@ultimaker.com either.

Thanks,

-Cal (calinb)

I'm getting no response to the above or to my PM to SandervG or to my email to UM customer support. This is far from the first time that I've been totally disappointed by the results of changes to the UM forum and UM customer support too, for that matter! (Forum and forum member since my first UM purchase in 2012.)

Sorry about this calinb - I'll message Sander directly.  Did you have a password less than 6 characters?  I know that was a problem for people with short passwords.

Thanks for helping gr5! The other avenues of support that I tried were a dead-end.

My first password was only 6 characters. I think I updated it but I don't recall with 100% confidence. The problem seems to stem from recently pushing forum members into obtaining a UM password. I had one years ago when I ordered my UMO, but everything from those days is long gone.

That's why I'm still stinging from the howto postings I made with dozens of photos years ago. They were lost (and not because they were Photobucket links or similar--UM just dropped them all during a forum migration). The repeating history of non-permanence in the UM forum has really cut into my motivation to spend time contributing here.

Hi Calinb, my apologies you did not get a response sooner. I've just returned from a show in Germany early this week hence I still have some catching up to do from messages around that time. 

I'll respond to your DM and see how we can give you access to your account again. Our apologies for the inconvenience. 

Hi SandervG,

just came across this post and I have to admit, that it happened to mee, too. My previous Nick was HarryPlotter and I couldn´t sign in anymore. I still have the PW and it is long enough. So maybe you can help me out, too because my prev. post helped me out somehow or I sometimes tend to "update" them, if I have news.

Now I have written about one problem of me, but since the 13.03 no one seemed to have "aprroved" my topic. Could you have a look there too please?

Hope that reaches you

Sincerely

Daniel

@SandervG - please see above post.

Posted (edited) · New login: Ultimaker account

I'm back (as "calinb") 🙂 🙂 🙂

SandervG sent me a PM with instructions. I hope he doesn't mind my pasting the solution, below. However, I also had to delete all my Firefox cookies and passwords associated with "ultimaker" in order to get a logon with my old username. My new username (calinb_new) can now be deleted, because I hope I never have reason to use it again. (I only created it as a means to recovery my old logon.)

It may have been a good thing that my calinb_new logon was associated with a yahoo.com email address and  my older username ("calinb") was associated with a gmail.com address.

Here's what SandervG recommended. I hope it helps:

You have to reset your password at the Ultimaker account page that you were redirected to, but you should not attempt to make a new account (when you said calinb was already taken). Below the login fields you can select 'forgot your password' and if you follow those steps you should be able to reset your Ultimaker account password, and this means also your community account. 

And to be sure, this is the email address used with your calinb account:  calinb7@gmail.com

This is the direct link to where you can reset your password: https://account.ultimaker.com/app/signin

Good luck, let me know if you have any further questions! 

Edited by calinb

16 hours ago, HaryPlotter said:

Hi SandervG,

just came across this post and I have to admit, that it happened to mee, too. My previous Nick was HarryPlotter and I couldn´t sign in anymore. I still have the PW and it is long enough. So maybe you can help me out, too because my prev. post helped me out somehow or I sometimes tend to "update" them, if I have news.

Now I have written about one problem of me, but since the 13.03 no one seemed to have "aprroved" my topic. Could you have a look there too please?

Hope that reaches you

Sincerely

Daniel

Hi Daniel, sorry to hear you couldn't access your account anymore. Have you tried to reset your password? 

You can do so via this link: https://account.ultimaker.com/app/signin

If you need a different solution please let me know and we can look for it together. Have a great day!

• Thanks 1

Hi.

I am having the same problem - two very similar accounts that were created after the change (because the first was unrecoverable), have now become hoplessly intertwined.

I emailed Ultimaker directly a couple of weeks ago about this as I could not get on the forum at all (got no reply).

After another extended attempt to get on here, I finally managed it!

Now I get the error -

image.thumb.png.b30754a08e9c280051117be1111862a5.png

Can someone please email/PM/fix this?

Please Delete one, or both accounts so I can reregister.

I am trying to make an account with Sue3DDesgns as the Profile name and the Username.

Feel free to use either email address, as long as I can change it later.

Thank you.

Susi.

Hi @Sue3DDesigns, I am going to assume 'Sue3DDesgns' as you wrote in your message contains a type (no 'i'). I have deleted one of your accounts. Let me know if you want me to change the email address connected to this account too. 

• Thanks 1

Hi SandervG

I am an idiot who cannot type 😞

Should have been Sue3DDesigns. (same as the email address spelling)

I am so so sorry.

Edited by Sue3DDesigns

37 minutes ago, Sue3DDesigns said:

Hi SandervG

I am an idiot who cannot type 😞

Should have been Sue3DDesigns. (same as the email address spelling)

I am so so sorry.

No worries 🙂 Are you all good now? Can you log in where you need to?

• Like 1

Hi.

I think so.

By this, I mean I changed my old email address to match the one with the same name as this account, and got this error -

image.thumb.png.b02d21a588bed8b515fff72cf4c36bdf.png

I tried logging in again, and here I am.

Hopefully it is all fixed now.

Thank you so much for helping.

Susi x

PS

I have just tried logging in with a different browser. All seems fixed!

You sir, are a star! 🙂

Edited by Sue3DDesigns
    Updated info

@SandervG I'm having trouble with the HTTPS certificate of accounts.ultimaker.com as well as signing into the forums on a new computer. Every time I go to sign into the forums I get this message. Tried using Chrome and Firefox. Cleared the cookies and tried again, still happens. I'm currently remote-desktoping home to an already signed in session to post this.

2019-03-20.thumb.png.d583338104c65f909ec49eb0ba63729b.png

Hi,

I wanted to sign up to the forums but I get the following certificate error

account.ultimaker.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.

The certificate is only valid for 8dc5e77217a421533f103dad18f99751.f44a90115412a4b768516ee16827e6fc.traefik.default.

Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT

@starbuck and @axelaxel, could you refresh and try again? thank you for your time! 

• Thanks 1

Hi SandervG,

thank you for your help. But that was the first thing I tried and the new account replied that there was no account filed under this mail... and to retrieve the account merely by the Nick isn´t possible. So that is why I then set up another account...

Maybe there is another solution to it.

Have a nice weekend.

Greetings Daniel