Print core BB-0.4 wrongly recognized as a AA-0.8

Alba

Posted · Print core BB-0.4 wrongly recognized as a AA-0.8

Hi everyone,

in order to print a thin PVA support structure I wanted to change the BB-0.8 print core with a BB-0.4. My UM3E sent a warning, saying that "AA-0.8" print core is not compatible with PVA material.

I double checked that the print core that I had just inserted was actually a BB-0.4. I have cleaned the contact points on the PCB with a cotton swab and some alcohol, but my UM3E stills wrongly recognizes the BB-0.4 print core as a AA-0.8.

Do you have any suggestions to solve this problem? Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Look not just at the label on the core but also on the tip of the nozzle.  There should be a tiny AA or BB engraved in the brass.

Here are instructions on how to reprogram what the core thinks it is:

http://gr5.org/cores/

This is very interesting thanks for the info. No BB 0.8 on that webpage though; but logic would dictate:

M151 T0 A8 D7800000000004242
    M151 T0 A16 D20302E3800000000

I will try this tomorrow. 

13 hours ago, gr5 said:

Look not just at the label on the core but also on the tip of the nozzle.  There should be a tiny AA or BB engraved in the brass.

Here are instructions on how to reprogram what the core thinks it is:

http://gr5.org/cores/

Hi gr5,

thank you very much for your help. The engraving in the nozzle is the same as on the print core. I have checked your reprograming files and I have a question: you say that the the files will rename the the core in the left slot. How can I rename the core in the right slot?

I just tried the various .gcode files and the S5 will not use it.

It shows the file on the USB drive but does not allow you to run it stating "Something is wrong with this file".

So no fix for S5 users,

I just gave the .gcode file a valid header from another print. This seems to have allowed the file to be loaded and leveling occured, along with the "print" of the 2 M commands starting.

When I cycled the print core in and out it after it finished it gave a max temp error. (The printer seemed to ignore the temp setting in the .gcode header).

After a power cycle the core is still not correctly named.

I tried the gcode and the print core has been correctly renamed.

In the beginning the UM3E wouln't print the gcode from the USB. I just turned the printer off and on again with the USB still inserted and then it worked.

Thanks a lot to you all for your help!