NBull

Problem selecting items in Cura 4.0

Posted · Problem selecting items in Cura 4.0

After updating to Cura 4.0 I have a problem selecting items. no matter their size. if i don't click/hit it right in the center where the xyz arrows meets, in that item I cant select it.

Others who have encountered this problem?

I also have great problems with the selection process. I can only select the model with the right mouse button and when I press on the model to try to move/rotate it it gets deselected. Most often I then have to zoom in/out and rotate the view around many times in order for cura to let me move and rotate the model. But this only works for that particular model. Then the process repeats itself. With earlier cura versions there were still problems with the selection process but now it has gone mental.

I have found the easiest way to move objects is by using the arrows. Move the mouse until the arrow becomes a lighter color and then click and drag. It doesn’t always seem like you’re clicking right on the arrow, but if it’s highlighted, it will work. Also works the same with rotation and scaling.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:14 AM, johnse said:

I have found the easiest way to move objects is by using the arrows. Move the mouse until the arrow becomes a lighter color and then click and drag. It doesn’t always seem like you’re clicking right on the arrow, but if it’s highlighted, it will work. Also works the same with rotation and scaling.

It doesn't work, sometimes you simply can't select the model, or the support blocker.
It happens since 4.0 and we are in 4.2 and still happening

I have selection problems as well as movement problems. It might take many attempts to click on the model before it gets selected. Once selected, the chances are 50/50 if clicking on the arrows or circles will get the desired action or if it simply ends in a de-selection of the model. Very frustrating !

The issues seem to appear more often than in version 3.x but I can't be sure.

I can confirm the problem, but I didn't notice it until 4.2. 

It helps if I change the zoom and rotate the view a little. Then it often works again. It's definitely a bug, because you can aim at the object so exactly, at the latest when moving it is not selected again.

Please also open a bug (in the Cura help menu). This is the only way we can make sure that the developers get and fix bugs.

I just tried to move an average sized object. I tried about 20 times before giving up and printing in the place that Cura decided for it.

I have started to use the new feature on the lower left of the Cura main screen that names the prints on the build plate. This always selects the print and is quite handy. Alas, every time I clicked on either the center of the x/y/z arrows or on the arrow heads, the arrows would disappear. Eventually I gave up rather annoyed at the situation.

Do you use the Sidebar GUI plugin?

For me it's a problem in standard Cura with no plugins installed.

Without sidebar plugin installed

Thanks, good to know it also happens without my plugin.