Preview simulation bar not visible

Andrea22

Posted · Preview simulation bar not visible
On 12/29/2019 at 8:36 PM, CoolHandMike said:

Hi r4ph,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to enable the Radeon driver to launch Cura as you have advised, but there is still no simulation preview. I will try again on my laptop (which has a Nvidia GTX 1060) and report back.

Don't forget to turn off compatibility mode and restart the  cura afterany changes.

• 2 years later...
    Posted (edited) · Preview simulation bar not visible

Hello. I have a similar problem. When I press the play button to see the building animation, I can see just a few seconds. The building animation is a few seconds short, and its building only the end of my Yoda. I tried ot search on internet, but i couldn't t find anything useful. I just started 3D. Thanks.

EDIT:! I got it now. I found out by myself. Isn t a problem. Its the animation of the active layer. I was on layer 47, thats why the animation was so short.

Edited by Iosua101

That's normal.  It's playing the layer you have selected on the right.  In the same video you posted there is a vertical scroll bar.  You can use your mouse to grab the top ball and drag it downwards to see other layers.  You can also drag the bottom ball but I recommend sticking to the top ball.  Once you've clicked the top ball you can also use ctrl+up arrow and down arrow to scroll through the layers.

The play button only plays one layer - the current layer selected.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I had the same issue before in cura 4.8 (problem in simulation of printing trajectory by layer not working)

I added Cura to my AMD card setting activation and choose to maximaze performance while it is running and it worked.

But when i updated to cura 5.3 it nomore works. I tried doing the same but in vain.

image.thumb.png.2f7072ca3220a932b47bb83c531609dc.png

i Have 2 graphic cards in my laptop:

• Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    • AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series

I can run fusion 360 easily but struggle with cura 5.3.1

Can someone help plz.

@cmustang It'd really help if you set your language to English before you take screenshots like this. I can only read half of it because I know what to look for.

Have you tried using the latest version of Cura?

You may also need to set Windows to make it uses the graphics card for Cura. In Windows 11 you get there by opening settings then going to Display then Graphics. That'll bring up a list of programs which will probably not be everything installed on your computer. If Cura isn't in the list click Browse above the list and add the Cura executable. Once you have Cura in the list, click it and, click Options and there'll be an option to let Windows decide, or to use the power saving (integrated graphics) or high performance (graphics card). Select high performance and click Save

Hi Slashee_the_Cow,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have windows 11 but 10.

I changed langage as asked. I m exactly doing what you said but in AMD catalyst software but it seems that it does not detect UltimakerCura While running (I choose the 2 executable files of cura found in its installed Cura folder and both set them to high performance), in vain.

image.thumb.png.7643534902de3a452b974d731e20ec93.png

image.png.9c7c85fe6bbba890a46fb26fd71261fe.png

They are not listed in the recent Applications, it seems to me that the catalyst software does not detect cura when open.

I can confirm this while opening the "swichable graphics application monitor". It detects fusion 360 as soon as i open it (set as well to high performance) but not cura unfortunately.

image.thumb.png.e5ddd3cffeddda254d2d7f731e11429a.png

Thanks for your help. If you have any further tip. Let me now.

Thanks, Solved the problem with this link

https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667412437627

That goes together with your proposal. Setting should be changed from windows instead of doing it form AMD catalyst software. 

Thanks again and take care

• Like 1