How to see and change build plate temp

domenick_s

Posted · How to see and change build plate temp

I am running Cura 3.6 and it says that under material should be the Build Plate Temperature but I can't see it to change. It is checked in the Setting Visibility window but when you hover over it a window says it's hidden and why, but I don't know what it means.

Any clarity would be appreciated.

Oh and I know I can do it right on the UM2E+.

See screen shots for message.

S3D settings40 2019-06-19 11.41 PM.jpg

S3D settings41 2019-06-19 11.41 PM.jpg

Posted (edited) · How to see and change build plate temp

Go to the Printers pane of the preferences, press the Machine Settings, and enable the Heated Bed from there.

Edit: see post by @Dim3nsioneer below. I did not read what printer you use.

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 1

Don't you have to switch the gcode flavor to "Marlin" from "Ultimaker 2" for being able to set temperatures for an Ultimaker 2 family printer in Cura?

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · How to see and change build plate temp
    8 minutes ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

Don't you have to switch the gcode flavor

My bad, I did not properly read the opening post.

The reason you have to change the gcode flavor @domenick_s is that normally the bed temperature is taken care of on the printer by selecting a material there.

Edited by ahoeben

• 1 year later...

I also have this problem with  an ultimaker 2+ using Cura 4.7.1. I have checked every box but I still can't change it and more than one print has failed because the filament is just falling off the bed. I saw someone said to change the Flavor of the slicing software to marlin but I can't find where to do that either. Hint if you look up Flavor, nothing pops up so please use technical terms the software can understand and is searchable.

Thanks

"This setting has been hidden by the active machine" is next to the setting I need to change. Should I just go back to an old version of Cura that let me change things? I mean the print quality of Cura 2 is identical to the print quality of Cura 4.7.1.

Did you change the gcode flavor to Marlin? If not, Cura expects you to set the buildplate temperature on the printer (by selecting the material).

No, I never found the setting to change that and couldn't find an article that plainly said where and or how to change that. The material I am using is eSun PLA and that wasn't listed as an option so I have to use generic PLA in the material section. So I fixed the problem by using Cure 15.06.03. Went into settings and changed the bed temp to 75 and everything is printing just fine. 75 is way out of spec for the filament too but it got chilly here and the bed probably had a tougher time maintaining real temp. Also every filament has its own quirks and issues. If I use a red and sometimes yellow filament I have to wash the bed using Dawn to remove whatever residue they leave behind. 

In the end I never had any Cura issues until they automated the solution away trying to fix problems I never had. 

• Like 1