Ultimaker Cura 4.3 beta available

Guest maht

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.3 beta available

Hi everyone! Today we made the latest beta of Ultimaker Cura 4.3 available.

new-formats.jpg

This release opens up support for new 3D file formats, and adds some ease-of-use additions to make object orientation quicker and easier.
Shoutout to vgribinchuktrouchand smartavionics, and all the other contributors to this release.

Check out some key features in the blog, or download it now and try it out for yourself. Our developers are monitoring this thread, so give us your feedback here and we'll try to implement it into the stable release in two weeks.

Reporting bugs

Bugs (that are clearly bugs) are best posted on our GitHub issues page. Talking about "This isn't doing what I want it to do" is perfectly okay in the forum, right here. 

When reporting a bug, please fill in the issue template and provide logs.

We hope you enjoy this release!

Hi,

I made a comment about a feature on Facebook and I was sent here.

My proposal was having a panning, zooming and rotating system like the one of Preform. When selecting a part it would be great to have a sphere or the rotating rings, as well as the bars for panning and zooming. Here a picture from Preform.

Also, click and drag to create a selecting rectangle in order to select different parts at the same time

thanks

Preform_tools.JPG

Align faces is something i have been looking forward to, its something i used in Simplify3D alot due to the type of items i print so its really handy.

Updated versions of the OctoPrint Connection and Sidebar GUI plugins are now available in the Marketplace. These are compatible with Ultimaker Cura 4.3.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 2

Why in this version, Geeetech printers as the A20M are not in the list anymore ???

What was the latest version you used that had those printers? As far as I can see, the only Geeetech printer that has been in an official distribution is the A30. It was added in Cura 4.2.0, and is still available in Cura 4.3 beta:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/commit/202734d7f1e6f22c414731fc2bf8bf6423f65035#diff-d0a16c803d16aa02b66ba8e2bfe98c6e

16 hours ago, ahoeben said:

What was the latest version you used that had those printers? As far as I can see, the only Geeetech printer that has been in an official distribution is the A30. It was added in Cura 4.2.0, and is still available in Cura 4.3 beta:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/commit/202734d7f1e6f22c414731fc2bf8bf6423f65035#diff-d0a16c803d16aa02b66ba8e2bfe98c6e

Oups i ve just realise that its profile from geeetech that i added in 4.2 and it did followed in 4.2.1, but 4.3 call for errors in it

So, how many sock puppet accounts would I need to get Space Mouse support 🙂

4 hours ago, PaulK said:

So, how many sock puppet accounts would I need to get Space Mouse support 🙂

Bribes work. Just sayin 😉

• Like 2

Hi

First, big thanks for offering such a powerful piece of software for free.

Second - Z seam alignment.

Please, if possible, return the ability to select a position manually. "Back, Front, Left, Right" are not useful for me. I know how big my print bed is, I know where I want my seam, but now I cant specify it.

So far, everything else seems great and I will be switching to 4.3 for some of my prints.

Thanks for taking the time to recieve feedback. Software is still great and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Thanks

Joe

51 minutes ago, LoTek said:

Second - Z seam alignment.

Please, if possible, return the ability to select a position manually. "Back, Front, Left, Right" are not useful for me. I know how big my print bed is, I know where I want my seam, but now I cant specify it.

It is still possible, nothing was removed, the ability to specify Back, Front, .... is just an additional feature.

1079945633_Bildschirmfoto2019-09-26um11_14_28.thumb.png.25bc0e3c52a8b3b178b07e80cac71dc3.png

Good morning, I am a new user here and this is the first time  that I install cura ver. 4.3.0, but I did not find the possibility to extrude filament through software such as moving the z, x or Y, do you need to install anything else?

Smthy, you are my hero!

Thanks for pointing this out 🙏

• Like 1

I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to all the developers on this version! It is SOOOOO much better to be able to move the model around on the build plate (this was driving me nuts before) and it's amazing how handy the new feature is to put a designated face onto the build plate. When I first heard about that feature it was 'oh, ok', now it's 'holy cow is that ever handy'. I had no idea what I was missing.

The issue with saving profiles on a second configured printer also went away - that was a biggy that made me avoid using one of my printers.

The only aspect that is still a bit troubling is some of the sluggishness (for example when selecting an alternate printer or searching for a particular setting) but with a bit of patience and maybe some more computing power it isn't too bad.

THANK YOU !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jens3 said:

It is SOOOOO much better to be able to move the model around on the build plate

Funny how sometimes you can try for weeks to reproduce an issue to find out what is going wrong, and then you fix another issue and it magically also solves the first hard-to-reproduce issue. SOOOOO glad it works for you 😉

• Like 1