Cura 4.3

chas2706

Just upgraded from cura 4.1 to cura 4.3. Imported profiles and as usual everything gone pear shaped. Sliced and uploaded a model (estimated print time 18 minutes) to my ender 3 pro and 2 hours later it is only 64% complete. Printer extremely slow. Was ok on 4.1. Cheers again ultimaker!

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.3

in cura 4.2 hase option for hotend "default printing tempriche" to change temp of hot end start

in 4.3 this paramiter was delete (it hase on option but don't have on panels".

now all time first layer 200 C 😞

go back to 4.21

Edited by mrSEADEMON

@DidierKlein Ok thanks for that. I have done that, grabbed the machine and print profiles for ender 3 but something in this is making my printer extremely slow and it pauses after every move and so is unusable.

i have recently updated form 4.1 to 4.3 and now at the start of each gcode my printer (creality cr-10s) makes a prime line after the homing cycle is there a way to turn that of because i don't realy need it.

I found what the problem is. It is directly related to the creawsome settings that are applied in the cura start.g file. The max feedrate settings are M203 X500 Y500 Z10 E50. I am running my ender 3 pro with a duetwifi board where the M203 command is set at X900 Y900 Z600 E6000 so I commented out the M203 in cura start.g (and the rest of the speed settings) and now my printer is back up to speed.

So I apologise for blaming cura, it is the ridiculously slow speed settings in creawsome. Like I pointed out in my first post a 18 minute print was taking well over 2 hours.

Cura.png

• Thanks 1

@tanker2157 Hi, yes if you go into machine settings and start.g in Cura and edit out the g.code after the homing cycle (G28). Do this by putting a semicolon before the command. If you not sure, upload a screenshot of your start.g.

cura.thumb.jpg.9f9fde11b849dd0307cf6151110d3cdd.jpg

see this is problem. I can't print with this bug

@chas2706  after printing a couple files i think i wil keep it because it does improve the first layer adhesion

so thanks anyway.

Edited by tanker2157

@tanker2157, I think what you are referring to as a prime line is a “skirt”. Under Bed Adhesion you can choose “brim”, “skirt”, or “none”. 

@johnse i know but thats not it its a seperate straight line identical across all gcodes i make and its invisible in the preview

Do you have the Prime Blob turned on? There is usually a thin line from the blob to the start of the print because that move is made without retraction. Is that what you are talking about?

Nope hang on a sec and il show you

This is what it looks like15696543982522110844370559260034.thumb.jpg.973bad6b9bab12a50b46b6c84b2fe05f.jpg

As far as I know, that is not generated by Cura. It may be part of the “start gcode” in the printer definition.

Yes ive found that out too but it is by cura because it wasnt there when i had cura 4.1 now i have 4.3 so i guess they updated the start and end gcode, when its done printing it doent pull the bed back but forward

Is that a Creality printer?

They did include the community-created Creawsome extension as a default for Creality printers so that people with this printer could just select it and go. This has been in the extensions marketplace for a while.

It is developed here: https://github.com/trouch/CreawsomeMod

So, even though it is now bundled with Cura (since 4.2), it is not part of Cura, nor developed by the Cura team.

@johnse yes its the cr-10s, but i didnt know creawsome was intergrated.

It explains a lot actualy thanks.

Edited by tanker2157

Installed 4.3 from 4.2.1 and my CR-10s Pro now keeps trying to go out of bounds luckily I don't trust new software installs so I was standing there when I hit print and watched and ripped the cord out the wall.  Downgrading maybe will try 4.3.1 thanks for the awesome software, seriously even with this issue cura is amazing and a downgrade is not unheard of in software.

-Fred

Not sure if I'm beating a dead horse here but does anyone have a way to do a Z axis offset for printing PETG? I'm just getting started and I read you are supposed to offset the Z axis when printing PETG, but I don't see an option for it but just to make sure I asked Ultimaker and they said it did in fact not exist. 

I saw some plugins but they were for much older versions of Cura, anyone have one for 4.3?

Thank you.

There”s a plugin in the Marketplace. 

Okay, I just found one post where they are talking about it, thank you.