Ultimaker Cura 4.4 released with new Intent profiles

Guest maht

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.4 released with new Intent profiles
4 hours ago, ahoeben said:

ย 

Hi @lela, could you open a new thread for this? I'm happy to help you, but it might involve some back-and-forth that will confuse this thread.

FYI,

ย 

You don't need to do anything. Just save the gcode file to your desktop or where ever. go to the octoprintย screen and upload the file. Simple. No complicated procedures.

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

As far as profiles and all that jazz go, my mb-master builds are going to behave the same as the UM builds because I don't fiddle with that part of Cura. When you say extremely slow are you referring to the speed of Cura itself or the speed of the print? Can you provide a project file that illustrates the problem?

2 hours ago, burtoogle said:

As far as profiles and all that jazz go, my mb-master builds are going to behave the same as the UM builds because I don't fiddle with that part of Cura. When you say extremely slow are you referring to the speed of Cura itself or the speed of the print? Can you provide a project file that illustrates the problem?

speed of the print you can see in the 3rd image with Cura 4.1, I can print that project in 3h 17m in Cura 4.4.1 it estimate to print the same project in 16h 37m, I already tested the estimation in Cura 4.2 and it was extremely slow printing, it looks like it was only made for Marlin, in case of Cura 4.1 it perfectly works with Marlin and Klipper

Hello @ramsesiden, that's understood. Could you please attach the gcode for that print sliced by Cura 4.1 and 4.4.1 so I can compare them and see what's causing the big slowdown. Thanks.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.4 released with new Intent profiles

Hello @burtoogleย  ย it is not only for that print you can test with any print using Cura 4.1 vs Cura 4.4.1 , Octoprint and Klipper using a Klipper profile, I can send you both profiles for Klipper if you need, you can test it with any print and you will see the big difference

Edited by ramsesiden

I don't have Cura 4.1 installed so please provide the gcode for comparison. Any print that shows the slowdown will do.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:55 AM, midacl said:

Just finished installing 4.4, and it crashes on startup. I've submitted the crash reports.

ย 

Windows 10 1809

Intel i7 5820k

16gb ram

Quadro K2200

I found that I need to run Cura 4.4 with As Administrator checked in the properties to keep it from crashing.

On 12/25/2019 at 3:11 AM, burtoogle said:

I don't have Cura 4.1 installed so please provide the gcode for comparison. Any print that shows the slowdown will do.

Sorry for the delay, it was xmas and I was with my family merry xmas to all of you, here are the gcode files and images, in case of cura-mb-master and Cura 4.4.1 I'm using nozzle switch in 50 instead of 60 as it was in the orginal custom Klipper configuration Im using, other settings are the same.ย 

Cura 4.4.1.png

Cura 4.1.png

Cura-mb-master.png

TT_T800_Cura-mb-master latest version.gcode TT_T800_Cura4.1.gcode TT_T800_Cura4.4.1.gcode

Hello @ramsesiden, I notice that the gcode header in the 4.4.1 file contains this line:

ย 

M203 X500.00 Y500.00 Z10.00 E50.00 ;Setup machine max feedrate

ย 

Marlin expects the values to be in mm/s but most of the other printer firmwares (I believe) expect the values to be in mm/min.

ย 

I don't know how Klipper behaves in this respect but if it's like the majority of firmwares, it will end up using a very low speed limit.

ย 

As for the print time estimates, I cannot explain the big difference other than perhaps the print time estimate algorithm used in Cura got reworked between the 4.1 and 4.4 releases. That's possible.

• Like 1

I posted this in the Ultimaker 3D Printers section, but the issue seems to have started when I installed Cura v4.4.0, so I'm posting a copy here as well.

ย 

ย 

Ever since Cura v4.4 was released with the new intent-based profiles, I have found that I'm having someย dimensionalย accuracyย issues when printing on the S5.
    ย 
    I used the Engineering Profile, which is supposed to provide the greatestย dimensionalย accuracy, but the resulting parts do not fit like they should.
    ย 
    I have been printingย e-NABLEย hand devices with my S5 ever since I got it, and it has always worked great. But using Cura v4.4.0, I printed an e-NABLE hand, and none of the parts would fit together. I could not get the pins into the holes, even using a great deal of force.
    ย 
    I also recently printed a bunch of theseย USB Flash Drive Cryptex cases. The rings were much tighter than they should be and were difficult to rotate once installed.
    ย 
    Here's the thing... I did both of the above prints on the Ultimaker S3, using the same version of Cura, exact same settings, and the same material, and in both cases, the prints came out perfectly. The e-NABLE hand parts fit perfectly, and the rings on the cryptex holder moved easily and smoothly. So I'm not sure if the issue is related to Cura's print profiles for the Ultimake S5 or something with the S5 firmware.
    ย 
    I'm hoping it's something related to the Cura profile settings, as that would be an easy fix. I just installed Cura v4.4.1 but have not had time to test this again to see if it has changed.
    ย 
    Has anyone else encountered this issue with the latest version of Cura and the Ultimaker S5? Any suggestions?

I am using 4.4.1 and there seems to be a big in the brim on outside only feature. Even with it enabled the brim is being printed on the inside and outside of my model.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.4 released with new Intent profiles
    On 12/23/2019 at 2:58 PM, PaxtonP4 said:

Just installed 4.4.1 but it still crashes on installation - same as 4.4.

ย 

I've sent the log file as requested.

ย 

regards

Just tried again as no one from CURA has provided any help. Still crashes:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

441 crash.png

441 crash.png

Edited by PaxtonP4

Same problem here: just upgraded to 4.4.1 from 4.3.0 on prompting from Cura, to find it crashes at every startup, even when run as administrator. "Upgrade" removed old version - I said "yes" to remove all config files, so effectively a clean install.ย 

Win10 Home x64 18362.535 Version 1903. Core i7 4790 + 16GB

Anycubicย I3 Mega but not cabled.ย 

ย 

one crash report submitted, have now fully uninstalled and reverted to 4.3, so no longer have any logs. Could recreate I guess.ย 

Let me know if you want any other information.ย 

Another one here where it crashes but it does it on 4.3 too. Doesnt seem I can run any modern versions.

Log file:

2020-01-03 11:57:08,011 - INFO - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [394]: Loaded plugin FileLogger
    2020-01-03 11:57:08,118 - INFO - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [394]: Loaded plugin FirmwareUpdateChecker
    2020-01-03 11:57:08,166 - INFO - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [394]: Loaded plugin FirmwareUpdater
    2020-01-03 11:57:08,197 - INFO - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [394]: Loaded pluginย 

ย 

[ .....]

2020-01-03 12:02:55,901 - DEBUG - [MainThread] UM.View.GL.ShaderProgram.load [56]: Loading shader file [C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.3\resources\shaders\striped.shader]...
    2020-01-03 12:02:55,916 - DEBUG - [MainThread] UM.View.GL.ShaderProgram.load [56]: Loading shader file [C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.3\resources\shaders\platform.shader]...
    ย 

Windows 10 64 bit 1809

Intel Core i3-3220

8Gb RAM

Looks as though I am a bit behind the curve on this since I am only an occasional user. But I offer my expereince for what it is worth. I am running using Windows 10 Pro.ย  I uninstalled Cura 3.6 (I think it was) the installed 4.4.1. I found that the program hung up when starting and 'Loading preferences'. I started again and uninstalled 4.4.1. I then looked for and deleted all Cura 3.6 and 4.4 files I could find on the PC other than the downloaded installation file. On re-installation the program ran successfully immediately as the .run after installation' box was ticked and I loaded a file. I created a shortcut on the desktop and tried to run again but it failed when 'Loading preferences'. I repeated the whole exercise and had the same problem again. Unfortunately I do not have the means to revert to V4.3 as some people seem to have done. Is it possible to make this available for download again, please.

45 minutes ago, PaulTreble said:

Looks as though I am a bit behind the curve on this since I am only an occasional user. But I offer my expereince for what it is worth. I am running using Windows 10 Pro.ย  I uninstalled Cura 3.6 (I think it was) the installed 4.4.1. I found that the program hung up when starting and 'Loading preferences'. I started again and uninstalled 4.4.1. I then looked for and deleted all Cura 3.6 and 4.4 files I could find on the PC other than the downloaded installation file. On re-installation the program ran successfully immediately as the .run after installation' box was ticked and I loaded a file. I created a shortcut on the desktop and tried to run again but it failed when 'Loading preferences'. I repeated the whole exercise and had the same problem again. Unfortunately I do not have the means to revert to V4.3 as some people seem to have done. Is it possible to make this available for download again, please.

ย 

ย 

Older versions can be found on github hereย https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/tags

Note that we're not going to support anything other than the latest version (currently 4.4.1)

The 'hanging' you described is a known issue and on the backlog

I have just installed the latest Cura 4.4.1 application and have a question regarding the new โ€œIntentโ€ Profiles. Are they only available/compatible with users of Ultimaker 3D Printers?

The reason I am asking is because they do not appear to show anywhere in the version that I have just installed. I have a Prusa i3 Mk2 printer and use it for making sample parts for

model engineering projects, which I design in Fusion 360. If they are included in this installation would you please explain how/where to access them?

Kindest Regards,

4 minutes ago, Danthelad said:

I have just installed the latest Cura 4.4.1 application and have a question regarding the new โ€œIntentโ€ Profiles. Are they only available/compatible with users of Ultimaker 3D Printers?

The reason I am asking is because they do not appear to show anywhere in the version that I have just installed. I have a Prusa i3 Mk2 printer and use it for making sample parts for

model engineering projects, which I design in Fusion 360. If they are included in this installation would you please explain how/where to access them?

Kindest Regards,

ย 

Correct. It's stated in the blog here:

https://ultimaker.com/learn/intent-profiles-ultimaker-cura-4-4

ย 

"Each Intent profile works with theย Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle,ย Ultimaker S5, andย Ultimaker S3ย when used with our range ofย PLA,ย Tough PLAย andย ABSย materials โ€“ as well as compatible support materials likeย PVAย andย Breakaway."

ย 

Guess we should have included that in the release notes too.

ย 

When the right printer/material/print core combination is selected in Cura, the Intent profile will become available.ย 

ย 

Thanks for that. You would think that they would inform you of this on the Download site.....

2 hours ago, Danthelad said:

Thanks for that. You would think that they would inform you of this on the Download site.....

ย 

Yes it should have been made more prominent as this question has come up a few times. We'll try to put it somewhere, perhaps retroactively in the release notes.

ย 

It would be great to have universal Intent profiles that work on third-party machines as well, but the development effort for that would be astronomical.

ย 

We can always consider pull requests if people would like to make their own.