Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jet3d

Hi from Jet and Film Industry

Hello to the Ultimaker community!

My name is Jet and I work as a 3D supervisor at Propshop in Pinewood Studios.

I was at the 3D print show in London, showing the hammer I made that you see in the movie Thor 2 The Dark World. (The hammer in the movie and a lot of other things were printed).

We were opposite the Ultimaker stand and I was so impressed with what I saw - I bought one!

I am glad to be a part of the Ultimaker movement and hope to help anyone with advice on 3d printing, if they need it.

I 3d modelled the 3rd scale Aston DB5's that you see in Skyfall which were also 3D printed by us at Pinewood Studios. So, as you can see, anything is possible!

Regards, Jet

The following movies I worked on all have our 3D printed props - from weapons to spaceships and so on. A GREAT time for 3D printing!

Thor2 The Dark World - Exodus - Guardians of the Galaxy - Warcraft - Zero Dark Thirty - World War Z - Red 2 - Kick Ass 2 - Fast and Furious 6 - Good Day to Die Hard - Maleficent - Sherlock 2 - Dark Shadows - Skyfall - Captain America - Xmen First Class - Gulliver's Travels - Harry Potter Goblet of Fire - Narnia Dawn Treader - Wrath of the Titans - Prometheus - Singularity - Cinderella - Muppets Most Wanted - Dark Sea - Into the Woods etc.... A few new ones I can't mention yet. ; )

welcome to the ultimaker family... :smile:

we are one of the biggest groups of cheeky happy and creative 3d crazy people on the net :smile:

Ian :smile:

Correction - Ian is one of the happiest, craziest and creative people on the net. :)

Hi guys,

Thank you very much.

GR5 - sorry that I couldn't respond sooner - as a newbie, I can't post more than 3 times within 24 hours....

To answer your question - I'm old mate. I am 44, so I was around when 3D began. I started with Lightwave and have stuck with that as I model faster in that package than the others. I guess it's a personal thing. I also use Zbrush a lot. When it comes to sealing my models, I use Magics.

I have modelled an Alien warrior crouching and holding a predator mask in its claws. I have cut it into pieces to print at 30cm in height. How do I go about uploading pics in here? I can upload a render tomorrow and will upload the results when done.

Regards, Jet

I didn't know about that 3/24h post cap, that's silly. The only ones who could get spammed by an unapproved member would be the mods so I raised that cap.

For posting images click on the "Gallery" link on the left and follow the instructions for uploading your images. Then, when you compose your message, you can click the "My Media" button and include any of your uploaded images.

IRobertI,

I am trying to upload to the gallery - but, there are no instructions to do so....

I've gone to the gallery page but, there are no links etc

Is this because I am a new member? Can we not post images?

Thanks in advance, Jet

I just wanted to upload a render of what I have started printing. I modelled a piece just for my first print and the head printed last night. The body will take 22 hours..... then legs.......then tail lol

One more post and you can do anything! So just reply to this and say "replied" so I can approve it.

On gallery page there is a blue button on far right that should say "upload".

You can alternatively post a pic on the web - for example imgur. Then click the "image" icon where you are posting and then insert the URL when prompted.

If you use the gallery, after you upload, start a new post and click on "my media" next to the smiley face to insert your picture into your post.

Hi Jet,

I know it is not the most obvious way to upload, but I did not expect it to be this difficult ;)

If you go to the top right corner of your screen you have your account name

Click it, and a drop down menu will appear. Go to My Gallery.

I assume you don't have a gallery yet, so there should be an upload button.

You can upload files to your gallery, and from there upload them in your posts.

Edit. I just read your latest post, great!

I am looking forward seeing what you can bring to the table! :)