Coronavirus: Let's do our part

SandervG

Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

You cannot open a UM3 profile in Cura configured for a S5.  The two machines are not compatible.  You will need to open the profile file in Windows Notepad to see the jerk settings you asked about.

OK.  In Windows All you do is RMB and choose "open with" and choose Notepad.  Can't help you with anything Apple.

Opened your file in SolidWorks 2020 and it does have a problem.  The left post does not touch the build plate so it leaves overhang that can't be printed.  Starts stringing almost immediately.  Also the engraving on the left side probably printed OK in PLA, but not so well in PETG because of poor bridging in PETG.

I buried the part .5mm into the build plate with a.25 layer height and so far it is printing pretty well.

What are you using on the build plate for adhesion?  I use PVA slurry for PETG.

I use a glue stick.  

Good news,

I used some of your settings and my prints turned out much better.

Do yo have any idea if the bottom and top patterns being concentric makes a difference?

Posted (edited) · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Glad your having better success.

Quote "Do you have any idea if the bottom and top patterns being concentric makes a difference? "

I think it does.  Fewer retractions.  I also thing it leaves a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.  You might try concentric infill at 100% as well.  Again, fewer retractions. 

That said, I've never experience a part so difficult to print in PETG.  I tried altering my settings and I'm still not pleased with the result.  Too much stringing.

683767922_Frame2.thumb.jpg.3f1c4b22eef84bfd21126b88e59d3cd0.jpg

660656860_Frame1.thumb.jpg.54509decb90c8994c03303b7ebef886e.jpg

Shield.thumb.jpg.0cf22879a8a401309f75512051c6bfdc.jpg

This is a shield frame I have been printing for a couple of weeks.  Only takes 45 minutes.  Donating them to our family doctor who's specialty is Infectious Disease.  Also our family dentist.  The clear shield itself is 10mil, 8.5" X 11 letter size, clear PVC punched with a standard 6 hole punch.  Very easy to make.  I've produced 30 of them so far.

Frame 2.jpg

Edited by XYZDesignPro

For some reason using some of your settings I don't  see any stringiness.  I am printing at a layer thickness of .3.  I found a sign maker with a laser cutter.  Each face plate is between $1-2 depending on the material.  The acrylic is the more expensive.  I tried thick .17mm PVC, but the laser generated chlorine gas, and did not cut well.  

Edited by gisley

I like the minimalist head band but the holes are different from what I am printing and I do not want to change the laser cutters settings.  Here is a photo of my last PETG print.

Hardly any debris.

IMG_0214.jpeg

Edited by gisley

Looks as though you have worked out an acceptable solution for PET.  Glad I was able to help.  Did the increase layer height to .3 help to reduce the stringing?

The minimalist" design I an printing is the Verkstan design:

https://3dprint.nih.gov/discover/3dpx-013306

The clear shields are just 10mil PVC binding covers I purchase from Lamination Depot located just north of you in Orange County.

LaminationDepot.com  https://www.laminationdepot.com/binding-supplies-and-equipment/binding-covers/clear-covers

Approximately $35/100 pieces delivered.  So the price is right.

Either way let's keep doing what we can to assist those health providers on the front lines . . .👌

No, I think the jerk setting and slower infill speeds helped.   The clear covering material I bought at Staple's for twice the price is what did not laser cut well.

Over 1.000 face shield's made with 3 Ultimaker s5 in the last 1 month and a half, for all our local hospitals(Timisoara,Romania), and near by hospitals.

We've done our part 🙂

20200427_164859.jpg

20200423_160949.jpg

20200423_150056.jpg

20200423_143741.jpg

20200423_143205.jpg

20200419_235928.jpg

20200415_125110.jpg

20200415_124008.jpg

20200415_003425.jpg

20200405_231753.jpg

20200405_144440.jpg

20200403_235543.jpg

20200331_140351.jpg

20200327_201129.jpg

20200430_144939.jpg

20200428_151429.jpg

20200406_163258.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kerat said:

Over 1.000 face shield's made with 3 Ultimaker s5 in the last 1 month and a half, for all our local hospitals(Timisoara,Romania), and near by hospitals.

We've done our part 🙂

20200427_164859.jpg

Wow, that is impressive!!!!! You should be proud!