Coronavirus: Let's do our part

SandervG

Posted · Coronavirus: Let's do our part
3 minutes ago, JohnInOttawa said:

What's the normal time frame from signing up to appearing on the map?  You are probably already dealing with a backlog, at least I hope so! 😉

We have received a lot of hubs, amazing! I believe the next update is planned for Sunday. 

• Like 1

Hello Community;

This is a great idea. In the forum, I sadly couldn't fill all fields because I'm not a company, I am just an individual with an Ultimaker 2+  in my room, a great love for 3D printing and a decient CAD experience (I'm a mechanical engineer)... So, currently in France, I wanted to know if there is any network to help local french hospitals as well ?P

Please stay safe all;

I filled out the form, but see nothing added to the map.  Is this because I am an individual, or a glitch in the form automation?

I have 2 Ultimakers that can be available.  One is dedicated to ABS, the other flexible for many types.  I have ample stock in ABS ans PLA on hand.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I have an Ultimaker S5 at home and would like to help. Unfortunately, my job makes it very difficult to contact me during daytime hous. Is that a problem?

Also, I don't like my address and contact information being availably to literally everybody. Can some information be hidden from people who don't need any help?

Kind regards,

Dennis

I Just registered using NA as company name since I don't have a company. Have my UM2 test printing mask parts now. I designed a new filter for the honeycomb piece since retractions were killer on printing with the original. Created piece that was half the height of original. Created slits same dimensions as sizing of hexagons so can take two discs and place in mask at 90 degrees to one another (if that makes sense). Parts print 7 minutes faster than original with almost no retraction needed.

I may have access to 2-3 more Ultimakers if needed.

• Thanks 1

Added my company. With almost 18 years CAD experience and 15 years of product design experience, I hope I can be of assistance. I do have and Ultimaker 2 Extended + with Mark2 but I'm no expert at it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2020 at 10:01 PM, Hatim said:

Hello Community;

This is a great idea. In the forum, I sadly couldn't fill all fields because I'm not a company, I am just an individual with an Ultimaker 2+  in my room, a great love for 3D printing and a decient CAD experience (I'm a mechanical engineer)... So, currently in France, I wanted to know if there is any network to help local french hospitals as well ?P

Please stay safe all;

Hello Hatim, thank you for your message and stepping up to help. It is much appreciated, It shouldn't matter that you are not a company, did you try to fill out the form without that field? You should be able to complete it and appear on the map. Thank you! 

On 3/21/2020 at 3:01 AM, mastory said:

I filled out the form, but see nothing added to the map.  Is this because I am an individual, or a glitch in the form automation?

I have 2 Ultimakers that can be available.  One is dedicated to ABS, the other flexible for many types.  I have ample stock in ABS ans PLA on hand.

Hi Mastory, the map is being updated as we speak, this is not an automated process (yet). I just checked and see your entry there, so it should appear within an hour or so. Thank you for helping others! 

On 3/21/2020 at 11:17 AM, A3000T said:

Hello,

I have an Ultimaker S5 at home and would like to help. Unfortunately, my job makes it very difficult to contact me during daytime hous. Is that a problem?

Also, I don't like my address and contact information being availably to literally everybody. Can some information be hidden from people who don't need any help?

Kind regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis, 

Thank you for your message. Regarding the difficulties making contact, we can see how that would play out but what we've seen so far is that everyone has very tight deadlines and we need to act quick. 

Regarding your address, for a connection it is good to know where a certain hub is located, so we do need an address. If you don't want your personal address on the map you can also list, for example, the gas station or supermarket from around the corner. We don't need to know your exact location, but approximate is good enough to find a hub in close proximity when help is needed in your area. Hope this helps! 

On 3/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, skinny-kid said:

I Just registered using NA as company name since I don't have a company. Have my UM2 test printing mask parts now. I designed a new filter for the honeycomb piece since retractions were killer on printing with the original. Created piece that was half the height of original. Created slits same dimensions as sizing of hexagons so can take two discs and place in mask at 90 degrees to one another (if that makes sense). Parts print 7 minutes faster than original with almost no retraction needed.

I may have access to 2-3 more Ultimakers if needed.

That sounds amazing. If you have a file you can share that would be lovely! 

Hi Sander,

thank you for putting icruma e.U. (Vienna) on the Ultimaker 3D Printer Hubs Map.

Looks like there occurred a small typo in the e-mail address - the "a" is missing.

It should be office@icruma.eu

Krgds

Christian

1 hour ago, icruma said:

Hi Sander,

thank you for putting icruma e.U. (Vienna) on the Ultimaker 3D Printer Hubs Map.

Looks like there occurred a small typo in the e-mail address - the "a" is missing.

It should be office@icruma.eu

Krgds

Christian

Ok, fixed that for you 🙂

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SandervG said:

That sounds amazing. If you have a file you can share that would be lovely! 

The mask design definitely needs work. Huge gaps and hard to conform so air flow is restricted through the filter section. I have to stay home from work for 2 weeks (MA USA shutdown except for essential businesses) so I may play with designs.

The file for the design I made is here. Print out twice and rotate 90 degrees to one another when putting in mask

Mask Filter.stl

any feedback about how long it takes on average to be added to the map after filling in the form?

I'm live on the map.  Took about 3 days . . .

Hello, that slightly depends on when you fill it out. We update the map 3 times a day, only the very first batch took a little bit longer. Perhaps that is where you were in @XYZDesignPro? Now, it should be only a few hours. 

I'm aiming to post an update today about what we have done so far. In a nutshell, it was important to first figure out what hospitals needed, what were they allowed to use and what could even be printed. Now that is becoming clear and some designs are becoming validated we see some larger quantities being produced left and right. 

Hello! Some of you asked for an update of what has happened up until this point. A lot! We've been very busy and many wheels are spinning at the same time. I found time and tried to cover some of it in our (first?) update post. If you have a moment and if you are interested, you can find it here. Thank you for your time and interest in this cause. 

On 3/20/2020 at 10:01 PM, Hatim said:

Hello Community;

Please stay safe all;

Va sur facebook et regarde ce groupe : https://www.facebook.com/groups/2454266324886624/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Posted (edited) · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hello @SandervG & everyone!

Just to let you guys know of what we're doing with our Ultimaker S5 to combat Coronavirus. I've started a thread in the What have you made section. Link below:

Using our Ultimaker S5 to print Prusa Face Shields for COVID-19

We are very glad to be able to assist in our hospitals' efforts to fight this threat. We're currently working 24/7 on the production of face shields. It's in times like these that equipment such as 3D printers prove their worth. And our Ultimaker S5 has certainly proved its worth!

Stay safe, and happy 3D printing!

Edited by DrCeeVee
    Reduced link's text font size.
    • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrCeeVee said:

Hello @SandervG & everyone!

Just to let you guys know of what we're doing with our Ultimaker S5 to combat Coronavirus. I've started a thread in the What have you made section. Link below:

Using our Ultimaker S5 to print Prusa Face Shields for COVID-19

We are very glad to be able to assist in our hospitals' efforts to fight this threat. We're currently working 24/7 on the production of face shields. It's in times like these that equipment such as 3D printers prove their worth. And our Ultimaker S5 has certainly proved its worth!

Stay safe, and happy 3D printing!

Great work @DrCeeVee, keep up the good work and stay safe. Let us know how it is going and if you need any further help down the line! 

Posted (edited) · Coronavirus: Let's do our part

Hello Sanders: the form forces me to answer questions before # 16. I make myself available to help through my only Ultimaker 3 printer and my predisposition to solve what is in my hands. My specialty is automation and control.  Protective Visor by 3DVerkstan for a small health center in the city of Santa Fe, Argentina. Greetings Daniel

Edited by up3d