Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Infinite Material Solutions: Aquasys

Posted (edited) · Infinite Material Solutions: Aquasys

Hello,

I recently got this great (in theory) material that will print with my high temp nylon and can dissolve up to 6x faster than PVA. Since I have been using nylon I know the effects of moisture and dry them out before each trial but it seems I can never get the Aquasys dry enough. I continually have stringing and many problems with it not sticking to layers of itself or layers of the nylon. Again, really great product but am needing some more information on it.

Thanks, Will

Edited by willryan3
    Posted · Infinite Material Solutions: Aquasys

Hi @willryan3, thank you for your post. Good that you dry before you use it, that is important. Can you elaborate on how you dry it, and for how long approximately? Do you keep it stored in a dry environment, like in the Material Station, or a bag with silica packs? 

3 hours ago, SandervG said:

Hi @willryan3, thank you for your post. Good that you dry before you use it, that is important. Can you elaborate on how you dry it, and for how long approximately? Do you keep it stored in a dry environment, like in the Material Station, or a bag with silica packs? 

Thank you for your response. I have been using the PrintDry oven and heating at its' highest temp for 4 hours prior to a print with it. As far as storing I use the same bag it came in with a few silica packs. Would a material like this need to be concealed during the print also? My area for printing has a humidity between 20-30%.

Thanks Will

• 11 months later...
    On 4/30/2020 at 8:49 AM, willryan3 said:

Thank you for your response. I have been using the PrintDry oven and heating at its' highest temp for 4 hours prior to a print with it. As far as storing I use the same bag it came in with a few silica packs. Would a material like this need to be concealed during the print also? My area for printing has a humidity between 20-30%.

Thanks Will

Did you get better results ? I have the same issues with Aquasys and my printer (ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle). I wonder what we should change to get better prints. 

Any Feedback ? @willryan3 @SandervG

On 4/13/2021 at 10:39 PM, Nicko_Airbus said:

Did you get better results ? I have the same issues with Aquasys and my printer (ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle). I wonder what we should change to get better prints. 

Any Feedback ? @willryan3 @SandervG

Hi @Nicko_Airbus thank you for your message. Apologies for my late response. I was quite occupied with the organising and contributing during the Ultimaker Transformation Summit. Can you explain what issues you are experiencing, and can you elaborate a little bit more on how you use the material in combination with the material station?

For example, do you dry it before it goes into the material station? It does a great job keeping it dry, but it might be more difficult in getting it dry if it contained too much moisture when you load it in the material station. 

Since the first time I received it (in a box and sealed bag (I think)) I put it in the material station. Every now and then, the filament brakes in the bodwen tube, sometimes It doesn't stick to the other layers and and some stringing.

I just had the same problem with my ultimaker natural PVA. Printing .3mm high layers at 35 mm/s at 220C. Other settings are as suggested by cura...

On 4/29/2021 at 8:03 PM, Nicko_Airbus said:

Every now and then, the filament brakes in the bodwen tube

In the Bowden tube indeed? Not in the main feeder? What does your S5 show on the side panel, an Ultibot or the current Ultimaker logo (U)?

On 5/1/2021 at 7:51 AM, Dim3nsioneer said:

In the Bowden tube indeed? Not in the main feeder? What does your S5 show on the side panel, an Ultibot or the current Ultimaker logo (U)?

I don't know if it happens in the material station or in the bowden tube. I see the logo, not the robot

I'm having them same issue with aquasys in s5 pro bundle with robot on the side. it breaks in the bowden tube after the feeder.

• Like 1

Hi @Nicko_Airbus and @kevinmoore1337, thank you for your message. 

I would like to ask you to submit a ticket to us via our ticketing system, linking to this thread or describing the issue you have with PVA/filament breaking in your material station. We probably have a solution for you. 

Hope this helps, have a great day!

• Like 1

I have had my S5 Bundle for about  6 weeks now, and seeing how easily the Aquasys 120 can break, I worried my office was too humid, and maybe the Material Station was overwhelmed. I do have AC in my office but it's on the second floor of an old building and the factory floor does not have AC.  I did have early issues with both the Air Manager and Material Station not always working consistently.

Anyway I decided the best thing to do was to verify that the Material Station was working correctly. I purchased this from Amazon https://tinyurl.com/y4f83npe  It's Bluetooth and at $15 US it's a bargain. I hang the lanyard over the top of the glass Door well out of the way of the Material Reels. Well I must say for $15 it's a gem of a product. It's very accurate, and it gives me peace of mind when running overnight prints.

• Like 1