Less plugins show up when logged in

Posted · Less plugins show up when logged in

Hey guys. Sorry if this is my first post but I need some help.

I'm new to Cura and I wanted to install some plugins, mainly the one to enable Linear/Pressure advance.

This is the link to the plugin https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/plugins/fieldofview/LinearAdvanceSettingPlugin

I could access it just fine, so I created my ultimaker account and now it doesnt appear anywhere.

When I logout of my account I see 40 plugins on the marketplace, but when I login I only see 19.

This is when I'm logged in:

1a7O9WY.png

h9Gkwpc.png

This is when I logout:

0Dchau4.png

The plugins also dont appear on Cura itself, only a few do.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

On the Web page you have the full list of avalaible Plugin. In Cura only the list of plugin avalaible with your Cura Release . So if you are using an old release it's normal to have an access limited to some existing plugin 

21 hours ago, Cuq said:

On the Web page you have the full list of avalaible Plugin. In Cura only the list of plugin avalaible with your Cura Release . So if you are using an old release it's normal to have an access limited to some existing plugin 

I'm using the latest 4.6.1

13 hours ago, ctbeke said:

Hi,

Which email address do you use to sign in to the Marketplace? Feel free to send me this in a private message.

PM'ed :)

For those that have similar problems, it turned out to be a system configuration issue and it has been resolved now. If you still experience this please sign out and in again and all the plugins (that are supported by the latest stable Cura release) will be visible again.

I have the same problem on 4.9.1.

Most plugins are missing in Marketplace when signed in but visible and installabel when signed out.

After installation and sign in plugins are still available in Cura but again missing in Marketplace.

I don't know if my account is associated with any older versions of Cura. I found no means of signing out all (lost) instances. Changing password didn't the trick.

Send a direct message to @ctbeke - he can probably help you.

We are getting beyond my understanding here so I will probably say something untrue but there is something I believe called "ultimaker essentials" maybe?  Or some paid service where typically a business pays some money to Ultimaker.  Part of that service limits what plugins you can use (so that Ultimaker can concentrate on testing thoroughly fewer plugins maybe?  Or maybe so a business can choose to limit which plugins are available to the Ultimaker users there?).

I'm guessing that you work at a company that has this service (possibly even at a different facility where you work) or for some reason Ultimaker thinks you do.

Hi,

Yes, if you're a user that is part of an organization that's subscribed to Ultimaker Essentials, Professional or Excellence, Cura and the Marketplace will only show you plugins that are audited for enterprise security (one of the security features of our subscription plans). Plugins that are not audited cannot be installed in Cura Enterprise and thus will not be shown. This is expected behavior. But I understand that it's not entirely clear, so we might improve this UX-wise (although that's not a priority at the moment).

Chris

Is there a way to disable this audited check, because I don't need this security check.

Is there a way to disable this?

Do I need to get rid of the ultimaker essentials packages to install this other plugins, if so, Will I loose all the digital factory cloud, remote management and libraries?

The workaround is to log out, install the plugin(s) you need, and log back in.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Less plugins show up when logged in

Unfortunately the workaround doesn't work anymore. 

I did some testing and the account creation workflow even when making sure to select personal, creates a Business essentials account everytime. 

The workaround of signing out and installing the plugin doesn't work because the moment you sign out, the plugins shows properly and then you click the Add to Cura button and it forces you to sign in again to install the plugin.

So unless im installing plugins wrong, you can't install a plugin without signing in. 

Edit: Inside the Cura desktop app signing out works still, but web marketplace doesnt work. 

My misunderstanding about what area to sign out and install. 

Edited by MikeGyver
    misunderstanding where to log out

I'm glad you figured it out.  I was about to say "you have to sign out of cura - not sign out of the website" but then you figured it out.