Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Link

What info would you like to see on the screen during a print

Posted · What info would you like to see on the screen during a print

So you're saying you would like a hard-core tech screen with as much data as humanly possible? Interesting thought 🤔

Can you name your top 10 data you would like to see?  

All, i know we have all expressed for more info on the screen during a print on the S5/S3 etc, hopefully @sj3fk3 can get this moving !, can we list the items we would like to see. Initial ones i can think of:-

Current layer number (asked for many many times) 

Print speed

bed temp

nozzle(s) temp

fan speed

flow

Also if touching this items on screen leads to a way to adjust them would be good.

Hi @Link, you probably want to place a comment in that thread you linked to, linking to this thread. So they're notified about you asking for input. Otherwise they probably won't be aware of this discussion. 

• Like 1

very true, thanks 😀

Posted (edited) · What info would you like to see on the screen during a print
3 hours ago, Link said:

@sj3fk3 if we would start with all the settings in thexistingng 'tune' menu along with layer number and all displayed as real time values that would be a really great start. Thanks

Edited by SandervG
fixed layout
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Link said:

I do want to clarify that we have a very cramped roadmap with higher priority things we need to do first. While we really like the idea of this screen I cannot promise you will see it this year. However if we find some spare time, we will try to squeeze it in.

ok, thanks for responding @sj3fk3

As you will have seen from the multiple threads on this forum it is a highly requested feature, previously we have been told that the UI guys in UM would not let the feature progress due to their desire to keep the UI clean. But hopefully you agree seeing these parameters is essential when debugging issues and optimising profiles. It will be such a massive benefit !

Many thanks for your support

I have another request - show more info but rather in the Monitor tab in Cura and/or in the browser based Print Jobs tab. It would help to see temperatures (bed+hotend) and material remaining (at least when using Ultimaker material). This could be shown in a popup window when clicking or tapping the nozzle number or the build plate icon. Showing how much material is left would help diagnose remotely (be able to see why the machine paused or if the material will run out) and temperatures would help monitor the heat up and cooldown phases, also would give a way to confirm that the basic print settings are correct without actually being beside the printer. Obviously these things are just nice-to-haves and less important to me than the other limitations we are currently experiencing but IMO it would be a simple task to add this to the web interface.

image.thumb.png.16cb62d3c37febcb819681c147888359.png

• Like 1