HELP! Hot and cold pulls do not unclog my extruder 2 nozzle

Posted · HELP! Hot and cold pulls do not unclog my extruder 2 nozzle

Hello! I am relatively new to the 3D printing industry and am having trouble with my Ultimaker 3 2nd nozzle. I am almost certain it is clogged as no filament that comes out of it. I tried to do a hot and cold pull, as well as poking a needle in the end to try and break up any hardened filament and both do not appear to be working. Does anyone know how to unclog the nozzle?? i also read online that you can remove it, however most cites also say that you need to have the print nozzle clean before you can remove it so I am confused and stuck!

I'm in the same situation as you with a 0,8mm AA print core partially cloged. At this point I would dissamble the nozzle for cleaning purpose and put it back on the print core. It is not recommended but I don't see any other option im my case.

Hi,

Are you talking about a BB print core and have you been using PVA in it?

A few more details can be handy to better help, so if you can say what print core type it is and filament type you are using, also posting basic settings like printing temp. Also when you put a needle in how far in does it go about or can you not get it in?

If it was my core, I would probably:

- first follow all guidelines on hot and cold pulls that I could find,

- google for more info and videos,

- then I would consider using a long and thin brass wood screw, to try to extract bits and pieces of junk. Or modify a brass screw, so it looks more like a drill bit. But it has to be a very soft brass, so it does not damage the inside walls of the nozzle. Maybe you need to find out how to soften brass first (maybe in a flame, and then slowly cool, I don't know?). Use it manually to get a good feel and go slow, definitely not an electric drill.

- then I would consider burning it out by prolongued heating of the nozzle,

- and only then I would consider disassembling it

I think...

But this is my personal view, not an official recommendation, as I am not related to the Ultimaker company.

Normally hot/cold pulls should unclog your print core, but depends on the material you have used.

Please gve us some more informations to give better advices.