Arc Welder Anti Stutter plugin

ahoeben

Posted (edited) · Arc Welder Anti Stutter plugin

@3dprntz - If you paste the snippet below into a text file and save it as a *.gcode then you can check a couple of things when you print the file.  The G2 command is a CW circle of radius 50 followed by the M0 which is "Unconditional Stop" (used by Cura for many Marlin machines in Pause At Height) and which should require a button click to continue.  Upon continuing the G3 command is a CCW circle of radius 50.  If the printer moves in a circle, pauses, and moves in a circle then G2/G3 and M0 are enabled.  If that isn't the movement pattern then as @ahoeben says, the problem is the lack of support for those commands in your firmware.

G28
G0 F600 Z5
G0 F7200 X10 Y75 
G2 F3600 I50 J0

M0

G3 F3600 I50 J0
G28 X Y

Edited by GregValiant

Posted · Arc Welder Anti Stutter plugin

I ran one with and without. I usually always run it on my Marlin printers (UMO and UMO+) I only get these with very steep lines like in the picture. Other than that, I have no other issues with the plugin. Does it work also on UM3?

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

That model has very few curves. Please try - as I suggested - a cylinder. Then we'll be able to see very quickly if the firmware you use has support for arc commands.

It works on cylinders, just with a model like this the lines appear jagged. Would you suggest to turn it off when there isn't as many curves? Sorry, let me get an example.

Edited by 3dprntz

Hi All!

I encountered a problem of blops when trying to print a cone on my Ender 3v2. Printing with 0.4mm nozzle, 0.28mm layer, 0.8mm width, of course with spiralize mode. Basing on this thread I installed arc welder plugin and enabled it in Cura. 

Used the following settings:

-arc welder: yes,

-G90 influences extruder: yes,

-resolution (max path deviation): 0.1mm,

-path tolerance: 5%,

-Maximum arc radius: 1000000mm,

-allow 3D arcs: yes,

-Allow dynamic precision: no,

-firmware compensation: no

The print is going fine, but I see there is no constant movement of Z axis, the nozzle lifts the z-axis twice per rotation. One lift is with a stop, second is without stopping the rotation. So, yes, the blops are removed, but instead I get 2 seam lines. The first one (with a stop of the nozzle x-y movement) is quite ugly, the second one (without the stop) is still visible, but somehow acceptable. 

Is this expected?

It is possible that your firmware does not support 3D arcs.

See https://github.com/fieldOfView/Cura-ArcWelderPlugin#allow-3d-arcs

Edited by ahoeben

Will this be available for Cura 5?

10 hours ago, OldGaf said:

Will this be available for Cura 5?

See