Trying to make raft without success

johnboyman

Posted (edited) · Trying to make raft without success

Hello. I am using cura and a mingda d2 printer. I have a 3d model in cura and i am trying to give it a raft. I have read about this so far but cannot find the right settings to get the job done. So far i can only get it to draw an outline i think called a skirt i need a full on raft around the base of my object at least a few mm thick how can i do this is cura? thanks for any tips.

Edited by johnboyman

• johnboyman changed the title to Trying to make raft without success
    Posted · Trying to make raft without success

well, you'll find the RAFT option under  Build Plate Adhesion. Then you can change the settings that match your needs. I don't understand why you want the raft to be a few mm thick though. One layer should be enought.

image.png.0d987f7263413e80add0052d5389cb65.png

• Like 1

The screenshot above is for the visibility of the settings, so that is wrong.

On the right side you have the settings for slicing the model. You don't see everything there, but there is a search field and when you enter there build plate adhesion or just a part of it then you get the setting.

Ah and I forgot you have to switch to custom first, also on the right side.

Ok the only settings I know about are under preferences->configure cura. That is the settings page I showed you in that image above. Is there another settings page? How do I get to it. I have tried switching the right side combo box to custom selection.

You said On the right side you have the settings for slicing the mode. The right side of what how do I get to these settings? thanks.

Those aren't the settings.  That's "settings visibility".  Okay on the right side of cura click advanced as shown.  Then in the search area enter a portion of the setting you are looking for (there are 500 settings).  So like "adhesion" or "raft" or "temp" or "speed".  Some of these will give you 10 or 20 answers but that's better than 500.

Pictures are in reverse order - sorry.  I still haven't figured out how to set the order.

Screenshot from 2020-12-07 11-31-38.png

Screenshot from 2020-12-07 11-31-18.png

Hello. I am trying to figure out where is advanced in my cura. I attached a picture of my settings.

curasolution.thumb.png.2c8226af3298a48e5ba4746087872197.png

Posted (edited) · Trying to make raft without success

Ahh I found it it is that little pencil on the right side of the screen.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by johnboyman

20 hours ago, gr5 said:

Those aren't the settings.  That's "settings visibility".  Okay on the right side of cura click advanced as shown.  Then in the search area enter a portion of the setting you are looking for (there are 500 settings).  So like "adhesion" or "raft" or "temp" or "speed".  Some of these will give you 10 or 20 answers but that's better than 500.

Pictures are in reverse order - sorry.  I still haven't figured out how to set the order.

Screenshot from 2020-12-07 11-31-38.png

Screenshot from 2020-12-07 11-31-18.png

Off-topic, how to get pictures right:

There appear to be some bugs in the image-insertion module in the forum. Inserting and moving pictures around by dragging and dropping, does not seem to work well.

To get pictures right, I need to do this:

- Ffirst drag and drop them from Windows Explorer into the grey area at the bottom. Not in the message you are writing, but just below that window. Then they will be uploaded, but not yet included in the message.

-Now position your cursor on the right place in your text, where you want the picture to appear. Preferably type a few Returns to make new lines and room.

- And then click on the Plus-icon on the picture you want to insert. Now it comes on the right place.

If you made a mistake, delete the picture from the message, and insert again by clicking on the plus-icon.

It works!!!!!!!!!! 🙂